Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Uh-oh, Lilac Ford, you may have set me up here.  I definitely have my detractors😏 

You are not a mean poster at all, just not a cautious one.  I just want you to protect yourself here.  

@tansy

I'm known for that in RL too.  I will try harder!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@software wrote:

I'm one who thought your thread was inappropriate.

But I didn't report it.

I'm not that ambitious, I just did my little post and moved on.

@LilacTree

@software

I'm the one who asked for it to be deleted.  I knew it was inappropriate the minute I posted it.  I get that way sometimes . . . say too much too soon.  I just knew it could go nowhere but down.

You are a very genuine person with a huge heart for your family members.

I understand, we have pain in our family too.    

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I was just typing my response, and it was gone.

@LilacTree  I'm sorry your niece had to go through what she did, and I'm sorry you're suffering because of it.  Heart

@mistriTsquirrel

Thank you Mistri, but I should have known better than to post that here.  Fortunately, the mods deleted it quickly.  The first three or four posts were from my "fans," who must have a siren set up to go off whenever I post.

@LilacTree  I didn't see the replies.  I'm sorry you feel like you can't post stuff like that here.  

I did get a chuckle from the idea of people having a siren set to go off when you post though.

My interest in posting on this particular forum has been dying a slow death.  But when I heard the sirens go off, I knew I was in the right place.

@mistriTsquirrel

I was inspired to post after reading portions of your posts on the thread about mental health and hate crimes.  I had just found out about my niece two days ago and it is still very raw.  I should have known better though than to post something that personal.  Thank you for your understanding though . . . you're a gal who knows about real life and empathy.

ETA:  Actually she is my grandniece. 

@LilacTree  Thanks, Ford.  Sorry, I knew she was your grandniece, I just misspoke.

I understand what you mean about things being raw and wanting to talk.  Not sure if most people here would believe this, but I cannot count the number of times I've started to "over share" in a post and then deleted portions of it to keep the sharks away.  Once they smell blood, forget about it.  LoL

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Darn, I wonder what I would have thought if I had seen it.  Most people are nice on these boards, and some that don't appear to be nice, tend to be blunt which can be interpreted as rude.

Honored Contributor
Having seen the OP's post strongly feel sharing information about family inappropriate. What if the young woman read her life story here? Regardless of the point she lived her life openly on Facebook. Lack of respect for others is fast becoming oblivious to the right to know. Reality tv shows highlight this disturbing new society. Truly is tragically apparent that we are becoming increasingly tolerant. Do I have a solution? Each of us has the power to do the right thing. The next time given the opportunity share about someone think first carefully. Is this power to build up or down? Then choose wisely. Peace out-💞
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  I read your post before you had it deleted.  I am so sorry that this has happened to your Grandneice and family.

I know this won't make it better, but this sort of thing is happening everywhere to many young adult and older teens.  There is an epidemic in our country that is like a run away train.

i don't know the answer to making things better.  All we can do is forgive and pray for a better future.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Darn, I wonder what I would have thought if I had seen it.  Most people are nice on these boards, and some that don't appear to be nice, tend to be blunt which can be interpreted as rude.

There was at least one poster who was over the top out of line and rude.  Sometimes bluntness is rude.  The poster's  comments were mean and hateful.

I didn't get to read through all of the comments to know if there were more than one.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see it but I will always be supportive of @LilacTree.

I've analyzed it and I will never understand why there are certain ones who go after certain posters. I so appreciate @LilacTree because of her honesty and willingness to be so vulnerable. That's why I respect her so much and am so fond of her. I would love to be open and honest here but there are those who won't allow it. So I can't. And I'm mostly sad for those who want to open up here but they can't either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I was just typing my response, and it was gone.

@LilacTree  I'm sorry your niece had to go through what she did, and I'm sorry you're suffering because of it.  Heart

@mistriTsquirrel

Thank you Mistri, but I should have known better than to post that here.  Fortunately, the mods deleted it quickly.  The first three or four posts were from my "fans," who must have a siren set up to go off whenever I post.

Hmmm...I didn't see it.  My siren failed to operate.  I need to get it checked. Woman Wink

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I missed the beginning, how I hate it when I come in on the tail end, no idea what everyone is talking about and my curiosity is tweaked.  Anyway Tansy, what caught my eye was where you said to you LilacFord is how think

@tansy wrote:

As I think you know this is just not a forum that I would ever share very much, Lilac Ford (LOL).  That's actually how I think of you now.

I am very sorry about your grandniece.  

of her.  I posted a while back to her that she will always be Ford1234 to me. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam