Esteemed Contributor
Last month I purchased my first container of light weight cat litter. I purchased the Tidy Cat brand. I know this light weight litter has been out for a while and there are other brands available but I had never tried it. Wow! What a great product! They have cut the amount of clay in it way down so in addition to not requiring my husband to get it out of the car for me because of the weight of the container this stuff clumps beautifully and you don't get the accumulation of urine soaked clay sticking to,the bottom of the box. This is really a huge advance in kitty litter and I will never use the clay based products again. Anyone else tried it???
Honored Contributor

I love it too! I once tried to economize and buy the big package of litter from Costco. I could barely lift the thing, and I'm no weakling. That was a one time only purchase. The savings wasn't worth the difficulty. The lightweight litter is great!

Honored Contributor
I have wanted to try this, but read that it gets all over the cats fur and makes a mess. Can anyone tell me if this has happened with your cat.
Esteemed Contributor
I have not noticed any additional dust or that it settles on the cat any more than regular clay litter.
Honored Contributor

KathyPet, I can't believe you wrote about the Tidy Cat brand ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I had a great coupon for a large TC Litter and spent 20 minutes comparing them all the other day ..... 24/7, Glade, Dual Power, Instant Action, etc ... and they all looked and smelled alike! .... The contents are identical and the granules seem all the same.

I finally gave up and got the Natural one (natural fibers) and mix it 50/50 with crystals.

Glad you found one you love .... and thanks for the recommendation! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Tink

Respected Contributor

I tried this, and while I loved the light weight and the performance...it seemed to "track" worse. Also, one of my cats is a "litter kicker" and oh, man, did she ever have fun with the lighter weight. She kicked PILES of it out of the box, and that box does not have low sides, either.

Honored Contributor

I had to get a litter box with the cover (the cat gets into a large hole on top) because the dog kept trying to fish out the little poopies .... it was a GREAT investment !

Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2015 vermint said:

I tried this, and while I loved the light weight and the performance...it seemed to "track" worse. Also, one of my cats is a "litter kicker" and oh, man, did she ever have fun with the lighter weight. She kicked PILES of it out of the box, and that box does not have low sides, either.

That is what I read. We have a litter kicker too, oh my.
Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I had to get a litter box with the cover (the cat gets into a large hole on top) because the dog kept trying to fish out the little poopies .... it was a GREAT investment !

I may have to try that!

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 vermint said:
On 2/18/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I may have to try that!

Here's the one I got .... Clevercat:

http://www.petco.com/product/14467/Clevercat-Top-Entry-Litterbox.aspx#description-tab