Honored Contributor

I sit and watch these shows about real life people loosing their life by the hand of others.

It is amazing how the killer or attacker barely

gets punished....amazing.

Even the few ( and it’s very few that get life) often get out of jail within a few years.

I had a conversation Just this morning with my 39 year old daughter about how people my age remember how things USED to be.  Some changes have been for the better, but some...not so much.

It used to to be when you took a life either you were in jail forever or you died.

But then I come from Virginia.  We had a gentleman named Paul Ebert....But he retired.

How do you think you’d feel if someone you loved was even hurt by another person...just because?

Esteemed Contributor

no family members luckily....

When I was in HS in my town, a family of 4 was killed by a hammer, by a family "friend".   I don't think I know any of them but I remember the family name. 

My sister's friend's, sister was murdered by her boyfriend and put in a trunk.

recently.....My friend's brother was beaten to death by a father and son over a stolen item (skateboard maybe)  by the time it came to trial, time served.... they got out.

Honored Contributor

Where on earth did you come up with your conclusion that killers barely are punished for their crimes?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I drove past Stateville on the day John Wayne Gacy was being executed.  I think there was 3 protesters.

Honored Contributor

Life is not fair, stuff happens and you either rise above it or let it destroy you. 

Honored Contributor

Iwatch a lot of the Justice Channel and Court TV on weekends when there's no court.  Used to watch ID a lot.  Seems like almost everyone gets life or life without parole.  Many get the death penalty

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well when I get a chance I will post some of the real cases so you can see the few years these people get.

I’m not at my lop top but I’ll be sure to post them so you can see it.

I don’t make this stuff up.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Where on earth did you come up with your conclusion that killers barely are punished for their crimes?

Follow a family of a murder.  Follow the release of those serving time for murder.  Follow those released on bail under investigation for murder who commit another crime or murder while out on bail.  

Most spend a few (5-30 yrs.) in jail.  Is that enough to pay for a life or lives they took?  No, it's not for the families and friends of the dead.  

What is the price they should pay?  It depends on who you ask. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

There are numerous cases where the person in prison is not guilty, too.  I am very much against the DP.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Follow a family of a murder.  Follow the release of those serving time for murder.  Follow those released on bail under investigation for murder who commit another crime or murder while out on bail.  

Most spend a few (5-30 yrs.) in jail.  Is that enough to pay for a life or lives they took?  No, it's not for the families and friends of the dead.  

What is the price they should pay?  It depends on who you ask. 

@Preds, so much of this is anecdotal. We would have to be privy to all the information in a case to determine whether justice was served. And then, of course, the idea of justice can be subjective.

But to say that almost no murderers are punished is just hyperbolic flame-throwing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland