Esteemed Contributor

My daughter told me to check out the song, "This Is The One" by Stone Roses.  Evidently Harry recently was at a function and the song came up on his Instgram accidently (Smiley Tongue).

This is the one I've waited for

I'd like to leave the country

for a month of Sundays

Burn the town where I was born...

Okay, you get the drift and now if you want to see all the lyrics just go on to "This Is the One"  by Stone Roses.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the decisions made during his Las Vegas days....he is making choices he can't undo.  Sad song....sad situation.

Esteemed Contributor

Predictable that this might be a bumpy trail from the start.  Not surprised.

Honored Contributor

Everything else aside, Harry really doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the drawer... Added to all the other faux pas reported about Harry and the picture of someone that's either not so bright or not playing with a full deck would seem to emerge... Could be that his affable clown persona was actually hiding something much darker...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Prince Harry stepped out on Thursday to host the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draw. Behind-the-scenes videos of the event were shared afterwards on the Sussex Royal Instagram story, but it was the song the video montage was set to that has ears piqued.

The event, which saw the prince chatting to youngster's in the Queen's garden, was marked with an official Instagram video set to Stone Roses hit ..This Is The One, which famously features the lyrics:  “I’d like to leave the country for a month of Sundays, burn the town where I was born.”

Given that Meghan and Harry have just shared their plans to split their time between the U.K. and North America going forward, the lyrics could be interpreted as a nod to their recent announcement.

However, a royal source tells PEOPLE that the Rugby Football League chose the track as it is often played at matches, and that Meghan and Harry had nothing to do with the selection. 

~yahoo

Honored Contributor

Hs not leaving his family.  He loves his Queen Grammy.  Lol. He is just changing lifestyles.  I for one will miss them both doing their "rounds".  But it will be fun to see where life leads them both.

there are a lot of little things he will loose not being the royals,.  Like if someone gets married or christened they get front row seats.  They have priority and perks everywhere. But I am sure he thought about it...or not

Honored Contributor

Re: HARRY'S SONG TO MEGHAN

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Everything else aside, Harry really doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the drawer... Added to all the other faux pas reported about Harry and the picture of someone that's either not so bright or not playing with a full deck would seem to emerge... Could be that his affable clown persona was actually hiding something much darker...

Or maybe it's just a song .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Prince Harry stepped out on Thursday to host the Rugby League World Cup 2021 draw. Behind-the-scenes videos of the event were shared afterwards on the Sussex Royal Instagram story, but it was the song the video montage was set to that has ears piqued.

The event, which saw the prince chatting to youngster's in the Queen's garden, was marked with an official Instagram video set to Stone Roses hit ..This Is The One, which famously features the lyrics:  “I’d like to leave the country for a month of Sundays, burn the town where I was born.”

Given that Meghan and Harry have just shared their plans to split their time between the U.K. and North America going forward, the lyrics could be interpreted as a nod to their recent announcement.

However, a royal source tells PEOPLE that the Rugby Football League chose the track as it is often played at matches, and that Meghan and Harry had nothing to do with the selection. 

~yahoo

This song is also played ahead of every Manchester United home game in Old Trafford, Ian Brown being a lifelong United supporter. The song was written by Ian Brown and John Squire.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Hs not leaving his family.  He loves his Queen Grammy.  Lol. He is just changing lifestyles.  I for one will miss them both doing their "rounds".  But it will be fun to see where life leads them both.

there are a lot of little things he will loose not being the royals,.  Like if someone gets married or christened they get front row seats.  They have priority and perks everywhere. But I am sure he thought about it...or not

@shoekitty  You know, interest in Fergie faded out rather quickly. I think Meghan will make sure that doesn't happen to her. 

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418    YES