Honored Contributor

D-Day, the 6th of June.

Respected Contributor

We cannot afford to forget.

Honored Contributor

Most of this countries younger people dont know about it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor
Most don't know about the Holocaust either. We and future generations need to remember and understand so it doesn't happen again.

My 103-yr-old father is a veteran of WWII. He remembers like it happened last week.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My late dad was there we never forgot the day, I stare at his Army photo and the American flag we were presnted at his funeral daily. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's not forget

[ Edited ]

now a days, if you want your children to know anything abt histoy  and respecting those that  risked their lives for us - you have to teach them yourself .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

now a days, if you want your children to know anything abt histoy  and respecting those that  risked their lives for us - you have to teach them yourself .

@skatting44  That may be true in your schools but not in all. Ours teach history and all about the wars and much more. 

Valued Contributor

D Day.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Bless all the brave soldiers that fought and died in WWII to preserve democracy.

I pray we never lose it and we are also willing to fight hard to preserve it.

They truly were and will always be the Greatest Generation.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:
Most don't know about the Holocaust either. We and future generations need to remember and understand so it doesn't happen again.

My 103-yr-old father is a veteran of WWII. He remembers like it happened last week.

@tototwo   My 96 yo dad is also a WWII and Korean vet.  He remembers everything about his service like it was yesterday. Sharp as a tack and still lives alone!  Love him...