Super Contributor

Let me sing the praises

[ Edited ]

Walmart shoppers seem to be the kindest and most thoughtful people.  I am old and keep expecting my current visit to Walmart will be my last to anywhere.  I drop things and cannot reach other things.  I'm slow and  clumsy on the checkout line.   And I'm easily distracted or unaware.  

Today, a woman returned my dime, which I had dropped.  Another helped me wrestle a plant (mum, 3 colors, heavy and very pretty) into a large bag.  I couldn't have done it alone, although I was giving it a good try.  On my last trip, a woman climbed the shelf to get me an item I was eying wistfully.    And, if it seems all my helpers have been women,  there are a number of men who have reached up (or down) to get me items from shelves and have loaded heavy items into my car.

Maybe I'm looking old, confused and frail.  I don't know why this is happening, but I am extremely thankful for the help.  It almost makes up for the idiot drivers who honk/scream/tgive the finger when I don't respond to the light change rapidly enough.

Sometimes I think there is hope for humanity.

Trusted Contributor

Such a positive, heartwarming post after a long, worrisome weekend for so many ~ Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you find kind people.

I've always believed that kind meets kind.

You are being repaid in some cosmic way for all the kindsnesses you've shown all your life.

May I take this opportunity to introduce you to Walmart Grocery Pickup?

I do my weekly shopping online and Steven (we are now on a first name basis)  puts it in the car for me when I get to Walmart.   Sometimes I may have to pick up 1 thing or another during the week but for the most part, my list is online and I pick it up without leaving my car.

@excpa

Super Contributor

@software  I keep checking, but Walmart Grocery Pickup still isn't available here, in the wilds of Upstae New York.

Honored Contributor

I hope that kindness is not limited to Walmart.  

Honored Contributor

@excpa

I know it can get difficult for us to shop.  I am laid up right now so today I ordered toilet paper, paper napkins, paper towels and a few other things.  Delivery is FREE if the order is at least $35 or more.  Much easier than trying to drag big things around.

Why not try that?  Keep a list going of things you need and place your order online.

Honored Contributor

I am very glad that there were kind people that helped you, sometimes it just really makes your day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@excpa I am also in the wilds of upstate NY : )

Frequent Contributor

I always find it at Costco too. Amazing and wonderful. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is off topic