Esteemed Contributor

Less tracking info with USPS?

I have 2 different packages that I am waiting for. One is from Disney and the other from Etsy.

When I look up the tracking  number to see where the packages are....this is what comes up: "Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered by the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility. "

One left Florida and the other Washington State....I have no idea where they are now......only that they left on Tuesday.

Anyone else getting this when they check their packages tracking?

Respected Contributor

Re: Less tracking info with USPS?

It depends on the item shipped, how it is shipped, and the location it's coming from. For the most part I have been able to track my packages shipped via USPS through their Informed Delivery system on the website. If I just click the links from the shipper I have discovered the information is never in real time. It usually states "when the item starts to move through the system you will start to see the updates" 

An example would be a package shipped from TX via DHL. Yesterday I received a message from USPS through the Informed Delivery stating that I should receive my package today between 1 and 8 p.m. The information that I could not see was that the package required a signature confirmation and now I have to stay home to sign for the package. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Informed Delivery and it almost always showed a more detailed tracking.

This week it seems to be vague after it leaves where it shipped.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can go to settings in Informed Delivery and choose the tracking notifications you want. Every step of the way or just out for delivery. I think it also depends on the level of tracking info the shipper pays for. 

Honored Contributor

I use the Delivery app which uses the satalitte gps to track.  When you submit your tracking #, the app automatically knows which shipping company you are using.

You see exactly where your packages are as its travelling and/or stuck somewhere. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

You can go to settings in Informed Delivery and choose the tracking notifications you want. Every step of the way or just out for delivery. I think it also depends on the level of tracking info the shipper pays for. 

Even with the settings some of the tracking doesn't show up for some reason.