Honored Contributor

Tequila lovers rejoice! ;-)

[ Edited ]

Liquor the look of this? Stay in a giant barrel at a hotel located within a tequila distillery - and ride in a bottle-shaped bus!

• The La Cofradia distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, invites guests to stay at its Matices Hotel de Barricas complex 
  • The resort features barrel-shaped lodges scattered around the property, with stays coming in at around £170 
  • Another wacky feature on the estate is a bottle-shaped bus, which takes people on tours of Tequila 

To get guests in the spirit of things, a tequila factory in Mexico has a novel accommodation offering.

The La Cofradia distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, invites guests to stay at its quirky Matices Hotel de Barricas complex.

The resort features barrel-shaped lodges scattered around the property, with stays coming in at around £170 a night. 

The La Cofradia distillery in Jalisco, Mexico, invites guests to stay at its quirky Matices Hotel de Barricas complex
The resort features barrel-shaped lodges scattered around the property, with stays coming in at around £170 a night. The sleeping capsules feature a double bedroom, a small shower room and kitchenette

Thankfully. the giant casks have windows to let natural light in and steps leading up to a front door.

The sleeping capsules feature a double bedroom, a small shower room and kitchenette.

There are 30 barrels at Matices Hotel de Barricas in total, set within patches of blue agave - the base ingredient of tequila. 

Another wacky feature on the estate is a bottle-shaped bus, which takes people on tours of the Tequila town and municipality.  

Thankfully the giant casks have windows to let natural light in and steps leading up to a front door

There are 30 barrels at Matices Hotel de Barricas in total, set within patches of blue agave - the base ingredient of tequila

The hotel currently has a 4.5 rating out of five on TripAdvisor, with past patrons giving it a thumbs up for its location, cleanliness, service and value for money. 

Johanna R, from California, wrote after a stay in April: 'Your stay comes with a tour and tasting. Our tour guide Pepe was amazing!

'It was the middle of the week so the tour was basically a private tour for my boyfriend and me, it was great! Pepe had us laughing the whole time. Also, you get a complimentary clay barrel to store tequila in (tequila not included) once you check out. I definitely recommend staying here on your first visit to Tequila!' 

ExperienceTequila added in a review left in January: 'I'll admit I was skeptical of this concept, but the rooms are extremely comfortable and well done.' 

La Cofradia's Matices Hotel de Barricas also has an underground restaurant and bar, with the menus featuring regional delicacies. 

The hotel currently has a 4.5 rating out of five on TripAdvisor, with past patrons giving it a thumbs up for its location, cleanliness, service and value for money

Another wacky feature on the estate is a bottle-shaped bus, which takes people on tours of Tequila
Honored Contributor

Re: Tequila lovers rejoice! ;-)

Ok seriously, this is my next house!

The hotel currently has a 4.5 rating out of five on TripAdvisor, with past patrons giving it a thumbs up for its location, cleanliness, service and value for money

Valued Contributor

TequilaMeme20 - Edited.jpgWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

What a fun place for a group vacation! The underground restaurant and bar sound interesting in Mexico. Thought they didn't have basements in Mexico? Tunnels under walls??

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I prefer a high rise with a balcony and a view.

Heaven only knows what's creeping around that desert.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this creative idea!

'Something to think about' having in U.S. places, such as vineyards, etc. 

Each tequila barrel seems very well constructed.

Good job!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe

You are too funny!!! SERIOUSLY, I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!!!Smiley LOL

@feline groovyYou have done it again - I have never seen ANYTHING like this. Great post, lovely Cat Woman! (From another proud Cat Woman! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU, @MarnieRez3   Cat Happy  Glad to hear you enjoyed 'em.  

Honored Contributor

Well, shucks. I’m a bourbon 👧!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tequila - ah, that wicked, wicked Tequila!  I can't (or actually won't) drink it anymore as it is just so good until it sneaks right up on you. 

Go to YouTube and listen to Joe Nichols sing "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off."  Funny, cute little song, but from personal experience (in much, much younger days), oh, so very true.  Don't judge me - I learned my lesson the hard way!  I laugh, because if we don't laugh, we'd cry.  Laugh or cry, life goes on either way so we might as well own it, laugh, and move on!  LuLu