Respected Contributor

Summer vacation is almost here.  

If you're a teacher - when do you get out?  If you're a parent or grandparent, when does your child get out of school?  

I love the last part of the year when all of the fun things happen.  It's been a tough year for me so I'm excited for it to be over, but also excited about the end-of-the-year events.

Trusted Contributor

June 10-Monday,Smiley Happy  pupil free day.

June 7  Last day with kids.

It has been a rough year with these kindergarten students-so many who do not respect adults so I am VERY happy.

Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

It has been a rough year with these kindergarten students-so many who do not respect adults so I am VERY happy.

June 10th - ugh.  I hate having to go into June.  We're out at the end of May almost always.

Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/be/a3/b0bea327dbb8fd78e8ce4a4807ae9f92.pnghttps://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nVOXuALuohQ/V09CK2XtX1I/AAAAAAAAEHQ/wmcuM3tXa3kpICK_HFTfEjQIgf13RL33wCLcB/s1600/Tips%2Bfor%2BTeachers%2BEnjoying%2BYour%2BSummer%2BVacation.png

Respected Contributor

Re: Less than 50 days away!

[ Edited ]

Friday, May 24:  Last day of school for studentsCat Very Happy

Monday, May 27:  Memorial Day!

Wednesday, May 29:  Last day for teachers!Cat Very Happy

Our school system is on a "balanced calendar" and our kiddos start back on August 1 for 2019-20 school year.  We have week long breaks during the year in September,(Fall break),  November (Thanksgiving), December (Winter break:  two weeks), February (mid winter break) and April (spring break).

We are finishing our spring break for this year, today, so "back to the grind" tomorrow!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

I teach 1st grade and I am having the same type of year.  Next year will be year 27 for me so 4 more years until retirement!Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

Friday, May 24:  Last day of school for studentsCat Very Happy

Monday, May 27:  Memorial Day!

Wednesday, May 29:  Last day for teachers!Cat Very Happy

Our school system is on a "balanced calendar" and our kiddos start back on August 1 for 2019-20 school year.  We have week long breaks during the year in September,(Fall break),  November (Thanksgiving), December (Winter break:  two weeks), February (mid winter break) and April (spring break).

We are finishing our spring break for this year, today, so "back to the grind" tomorrow!

How do you like that yearly schedule?  

Respected Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@kjae wrote:

I teach 1st grade and I am having the same type of year.  Next year will be year 27 for me so 4 more years until retirement!Cat Very Happy

Next year will be 16 for me.  So many more to go.... 

Respected Contributor

Last day of school year: May 22

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32  At first, I wasn't thrilled with it but I have grown to like it over the years.  It is nice to spread out the weeks off. Summer is so hot anyway, might as well be in school.  Vacations can be taken on weeks where it may not be as crowded in Sept and even Feb.