Trusted Contributor

@Luv2Watch   I am very disappointed that Lesley was cut from the host roster at HSN.  I have bought MANY items she offered because of her sales info and personality.  

Mention was made that 5 hosts were fired from HSN/QVC.  I know about Carolyn, Dan, Shannon Smith and now Lesley.  Anyone know who the 5th member of the "firing squad" is?

I'm basically indifferent to the other hosts who were fired; however, Lesley Ann will be greatly missed by me! 

I consider her firing a major BLUNDER by what we already know are clearly inept members of senior mgt. 

If ANYONE should be let go, it's senior mgt at both channels making these decisions!

Trusted Contributor

@pdlinda Shannon Fox

Respected Contributor

Re: Lesley Machado

[ Edited ]

Lesley Ann's final HSN appearance was on Monday night for Concierge Collection and she was laid off on Tuesday.  So, no presentation with Curtis during the Friday food and kitchen day.  

Curtis's final show that day was with Suzanne Runyon.

Contributor

@Luv2Watch wrote:

I just wanted to share that I will certainly miss watching host Lesley Machado on HSN. She is a well-spoken and classy representative of the company and always remained upbeat and positive despite the pressures of being a single parent to three young boys along with the disappointment of a marriage which ended in divorce. I was going through the same exact turmoil in my own life at the same time she was, and as silly as it may seem, the way she was able to pull it together and present herself to the public in a positive manner each day served as a lighthouse to me during my own very dark and stormy days. When I was able to see her look so pretty and polished and smiling on tv (even though I am sure it was very difficult for her to do so) I started to believe that it was possilbIe for me to do the same so I would force myself to dress up, put on some makeup and face each day with grace and dignity. After a while, doing so didn't require as much effort and I was able to put the past on the back burner and set my sights on what the future could offer.

Change doesn't come easy to many of us, and it takes some time to wrap our heads around a "new normal," but with time, courage, and faith in ourselves we all have the ability to adjust and accept the things in our lives that we don't have complete control over.

I want to send Lesley my well wishes as she faces this new transition. May God continue to bless her and her beautiful sons. They are so fortunate to have her as their mom, and they will be watching her and learning from her as she handles this bend in the long road of life.

This: Change doesn't come easy to many of us, and it takes some time to wrap our heads around a "new normal," but with time, courage, and faith in ourselves we all have the ability to adjust and accept the things in our lives that we don't have complete control over.

BEAUTIFUL! Be well and take care! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@MezzieStarr   Thanks for that info...I never bought anything that Shannon Fox offered.  

Contributor

@Luv2Watch wrote:

I just wanted to share that I will certainly miss watching host Lesley Machado on HSN. She is a well-spoken and classy representative of the company and always remained upbeat and positive despite the pressures of being a single parent to three young boys along with the disappointment of a marriage which ended in divorce. I was going through the same exact turmoil in my own life at the same time she was, and as silly as it may seem, the way she was able to pull it together and present herself to the public in a positive manner each day served as a lighthouse to me during my own very dark and stormy days. When I was able to see her look so pretty and polished and smiling on tv (even though I am sure it was very difficult for her to do so) I started to believe that it was possilbIe for me to do the same so I would force myself to dress up, put on some makeup and face each day with grace and dignity. After a while, doing so didn't require as much effort and I was able to put the past on the back burner and set my sights on what the future could offer.

Change doesn't come easy to many of us, and it takes some time to wrap our heads around a "new normal," but with time, courage, and faith in ourselves we all have the ability to adjust and accept the things in our lives that we don't have complete control over.

I want to send Lesley my well wishes as she faces this new transition. May God continue to bless her and her beautiful sons. They are so fortunate to have her as their mom, and they will be watching her and learning from her as she handles this bend in the long road of life.

I totally relate to your post. 

First, I sincerely hope at this time you are not only stronger, but thriving.

I recently started watching HSN and I really enjoyed Lesley Machado. I was so sorry and surprised to hear she was included in the layoffs. My heart goes out to her being a single Mom. Package or not, job hunting is no easy feat....either is starting over. She was so gracious and just fantastic at her job. I shopped when she was on too. 

I too struggle with change. Ugh, it is not my thing at all! Though I have found sometimes in way, way off restrospect, that it really set me on a path for the better...and more authenticity in my life. When it was a chapter closing the only option is to grieve and that is a process. I hope you continue to show yourself compassion. 

There is much discussion on these forums about "business", or this is corporate life. Okay, but here is the thing. It really is okay to get attached to people either because you enjoy their presentation, or they simply become an inspiration! 

I felt this way about Carolyn and was quite sad that she has departed the Q.

Among other adulting things swirling around last fall, I had a dear pet who was sick for many months, and I had to part with her. It was kind of supportive timing I guess when Carolyn began with the Pet Picks streaming. I wish I could say people are compassionate and patient with pet loss -- even if your pets are like your children, but that is not really the case. I found that pet loss is kind of lonely, and you rarely can find people to really chat about it, or offer a ton of support for any sustained amount of time as you are adjusting or hurting.

It was really comforting to not only have that streaming chat opportunity to connect with other pet people, but also hear Carolyn interject her pet love stories (happy and sad) in certain shows. I was a shopper too as it was, and watched her shows for years - but her pet Mom lifestyle has totally inspired me. 

Take care for now. 

Hopefully, these inspiring ladies will show up again and only enjoy greater opportunity to share their gifts with people again.

Honored Contributor

Lesley was one of my favorte hosts on HSN. I wish her and the boys the very best for the future!

Respected Contributor

I liked and will miss Leslie, too. She was informed and spoke in a calm selling voice. Several of the hosts, both stations, seem to be yelling.

I won't miss shannon fox, but i will miss shannon smith. She was quirky, funny and well informed. I grew to really enjoy her presentations.

both channels let people go that should have stayed and ignored several that should have been let go.

Honored Contributor

What a pleasant post, it's like a unicorn 

I have seen her on HSN, she was very good at her job. I didn't know she's a single Mom, wishing her the best.

"She is gone but she used to be mine"
Respected Contributor

Lesley had a lot of great stories about caring for 3 boys, even with help.  I believe there is a set of twins.

I wish her the best and I'm sure her future is bright!