Respected Contributor

@nana59 im with you.that is why i am not cooking one this year.what i will probably do,is roast a whole chicken,but still have all the sides

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i only eat a slice of turkey at the Thanksgiving table.....don't eat turkey leftovers......anyone else?!  

Me!  I'd be happy with anything else.

Esteemed Contributor

The day after Thanksgiving there is enough of everything to reheat for a a full meal.  Then it's on to hot turkey sandwiches.  After the stuffing (yes the bird is stuffed before cooking) and gravy are gone I finish up with cold turkey sandwiches.  I often do a turkey breast just for sandwiches, no deli turkey for me.

Honored Contributor

On Thanksgiving, I will cook 2 large turkey breasts, bake 2 sheet pans of dressing patties, make several quarts of gravy, open 3 cans of cranberry sauce, make a jello salad, and won't cook again until Monday.   

My family LOVES, and looks forward to this meal every year, and we enjoy it until it is gone.   Thru the years I have learned to focus on making only what I've listed above, as nothing else gets eaten.  

Honored Contributor

At my house we never liked the green casserole thing so we always had green beans cooked with ham.  And we didn't like stuffing cooked in the bird either, so it was cornbread dressing in the pan for us.  

Respected Contributor

Since Thanksgiving is the only time each year we buy a whole turkey, we look forward to the leftovers.  When we host Thanksgiving at my house I make use of the leftover turkey.  I make turkey croquettes, turkey sandwiches and then finally turkey soup.  🦃🍗🍞🍲

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

I love leftovers, since I don't have to cook again!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I will eat until it is gone and I do bring home a great deal from my SIL's.  I love turkey and do it all again with a Greenberg's at Christmas.  full meal, sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey omelettes.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

My family loves the turkey breast I make each year for Thanksgiving, but they love the green chile turkey soup I make the next day even more. We eat it for a few days and they can't get enough. It's the only way I use leftover turkey other than maybe a sandwich. One of my sons asks me to bake a turkey breast during the year just because he wants the soup.😎

@Duckncover Would you mind sharing the recipe for your soup? I love soup!

Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

Since Thanksgiving is the only time each year we buy a whole turkey, we look forward to the leftovers.  When we host Thanksgiving at my house I make use of the leftover turkey.  I make turkey croquettes, turkey sandwiches and then finally turkey soup.  🦃🍗🍞🍲

And I failed to say, it all tastes like chicken!  🐔😂

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread