Esteemed Contributor

i only eat a slice of turkey at the Thanksgiving table.....don't eat turkey leftovers......anyone else?!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Leftover Turkey....

[ Edited ]

My family loves the turkey breast I make each year for Thanksgiving, but they love the green chile turkey soup I make the next day even more. We eat it for a few days and they can't get enough. It's the only way I use leftover turkey other than maybe a sandwich. One of my sons asks me to bake a turkey breast during the year just because he wants the soup.😎

Honored Contributor

I love all the leftovers .... and turkey and vegetables make a good soup if you end up freezing leftover turkey.  Cut into nice chunks first, of course.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for leftover turkey dishes either, other than turkey sandwiches.

Any turkey leftovers have Kingston's (my avatar) name all over it, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I'm the opposite. I'll eat turkey dinner and sandwiches for days until gone or time to freeze it. Yum.

Honored Contributor

@nana59  There is no turkey on my Thanksgiving table most years.  

Honored Contributor

I love turkey, especially the breast.

I also enjoy the leftovers.  I don't do anything too sophisticated, though.   I like a turkey breast sandwich with just butter on whole grain bread with seeds.   I also have made turkey macaroni and cheese.   Sometimes I just like to heat it up and maybe some mashed potatoes to go with, and that's a whole meal for me.   Also, a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich is good.

All of this I will only do with turkey that I have seasoned and roasted myself (I do a wet brine and a dry rub), not the sliced packaged stuff you can buy at the store.  BIG difference!  Smiley Happy  I'm not saying I don't like those products too but I will probably only use that for a turkey and provolne sandwich with mustard.

Honored Contributor

In our house, Turkey is not a favorite food.  We prefer chicken.  It tastes much better.  If I make a holiday Turkey, I give the leftovers away.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I love turkey, especially the breast.

I also enjoy the leftovers.  I don't do anything too sophisticated, though.   I like a turkey breast sandwich with just butter on whole grain bread with seeds.   I also have made turkey macaroni and cheese.   Sometimes I just like to heat it up and maybe some mashed potatoes to go with, and that's a whole meal for me.   Also, a grilled cheese and turkey sandwich is good.

All of this I will only do with turkey that I have seasoned and roasted myself (I do a wet brine and a dry rub), not the sliced packaged stuff you can buy at the store.  BIG difference!  Smiley Happy  I'm not saying I don't like those products too but I will probably only use that for a turkey and provolne sandwich with mustard.

oh no.....don't like butter, either!!

Respected Contributor

We LOVE turkey at our house. Usually sandwiches and then my Mom's recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini !!! If I am ambitious, I save the carcass for homemade Turkey Noodle soup!

I've been known to cook the full dinner in the summer too, we like it that much!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield