Esteemed Contributor

He was 94.

Cause of death was complications from Parkinson's disease.

My he r.i.p.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lee Iacocca Died Yesterday

Although many may not even know who he was, I grew up in the Detroit Automotive World and knew him well.  A good man who did a lot especially for Chrysler.  RIP!

Honored Contributor

Oddly enough, I Wiki-ed Mr. Iacocca about four days ago.  I was surprised to discover that he was still alive.

The reason I thought of him is that a cousin of mine plans to visit Ellis Island, and Mr. Iacocca headed the Ellis Island Foundation, I believe.  He revived the place with monies gathered from people like me who had relatives memorialized on plaques that are displayed on Ellis Island.

Through the foundation, I was able to discover marvelous details about the arrival in America of my father and maternal grandparents.  The ship that brought them is revealed as well as the exact day and year of arrival.  (Many of us knew the year but not the month and day.)  The ship's original manifest is available to view.  Phenomenal!

Of course I remember Iacocca's campaign that breathed new life into Chrysler, saving it from extinction. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not heard his name in a long time, but anyone of a certain age knew who he was.  He always seemed upbeat whenever he was interviewed.  Condolences to his family.  RIP Mr. Iacocca.

@golding76  How interesting about your family and how nice that you were able to find out this information.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I remember seeing interviews he did with Neil Cavuto years ago, I always liked his demeanor and truthfulness. May he RIP.

Respected Contributor

He was a very smart man. RIP.

Honored Contributor

A great man and the auto industry. Without his genius many companies would not exist. Thank you Mr. iacocc.

RIP

hckynut

hckynut(john)