Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Enjoyed the post - very funny.  I know I need to get one done.  I've never had one before, but I'm past due. 

@San Antonio Gal  You can tell me it's none of my business but I will say it anyway because I care.  First of all, I've had several colonoscopies and all have been fine.  It's not that bad.  Most importantly, when my son turned 50 two years ago, I begged him to get one.  He finally did and they found 2 pre-cancerous polyps which they removed.  He will go back in another year or so.  Had he not gone, God only knows what could have happened.  Please, please, please have yours done.  You will, most likely, get a good report but even if there is something, they are catching it in the early stage.  Please do not take offense.  I'm saying this because I care.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

Haha, that is pretty funny and accurate! Dave Barry is a hoot! Thanks for sharing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so much for giving me my only laugh out loud for the day.  I promised myself after my one and only colonoscopy that I would never have it done again until they come up with a better prep, I'm still waiting.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Frequent Contributor

That is so funny!  Had one of these a few years ago!

Esteemed Contributor

Hilarious!!!  I had one done a few years ago and he's pretty much on the money about the whole experience.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I am in a bad mood this morning because I have a doctor appointment and other errands which my daughter will have to push me around in a wheelchair which we both hate.

However, I have had several colonoscopies, and this piece was hysterical!  I laughed out loud several times which helped my mood.  Thank you for posting!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

HYSTERICAL!  Thanks for posting @pattypeep !

Honored Contributor

Now I know how a Muppet feels!!!!  Blasphemy.