Honored Contributor

@gardenman I know we have laundromats in my township and there were on the list of of open essential businesses put out by our mayor.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gardenman I know we have laundromats in my township and there were on the list of of open essential businesses put out by our mayor.

I think they were allowed to be open in NJ also, but my normal one was closed Wednesday for some reason. The owner isn't even typically there most of the time. She shows up to empty the coins and then leaves. She has a worker who opens the shop every morning at 6, then he comes back at ten at night and mops the floors and closes the place. It was weird seeing it closed. It could have been a local township decision also. We tend to be very heavily regulated around here.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Dry cleaners and laundromats in Illinois are considered "essential."

Esteemed Contributor
I went to one today because the comforter really needed washing. There were 3 other people there. We all started our stuff then went to our vehicles. Even our vehicles were parked with spaces between. Had to use the restroom and the TP had been stolen. Got some tissues from our truck, and left some in the restroom.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

i have to go to a laundry mat i have no washer yes they are essential... at first i was so mad they werent considered essential.. then the gov. changed it... the one i go to is very clean.. i went twice and the most were like 4 in there when i went.... i have uniforms for work so i have to do my clothes at least every 7 days...