Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Was The Last Kind Gesture Someone Did For You...

On 9/20/2014 minkbunny said:

My husband went into town to get his hair cut and brought me back eight giant (well 12inch pots) {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} of mums - bright yellow and russet orange - will match my fall display perfectly . I was working in the yard up at the cabin when he left getting all my stuff out - he said when he drove by the greenhouse and saw their display a magnetic pull drew him in.

And he brought giant cinnamon rolls from the Amish stand at the greenhouse as well !

(nice thread).

Sounds beautiful. I got all my mums out too of various colors and they are HUGE this year. I don't know what they feed these mums compared to Home Depot, Lowes, or other stores mums but they are absolutely huge at the greenhouse I go to. I call them Chernobyl mums.

My daughter recently had my grandson and this week she gave me a gold necklace that on one side has my monogram and his monogram and the other side they took a picture we had taken of him and I and etched it in to the gold. I love it and wear it all the time. There was no special occasion, it was a just because gift.

I am wearing it right now and she is dropping him off soon so they can have dinner out and he is sleeping over. Can't wait.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Went out for breakfast a week or so ago and someone paid our bill -- was quite the surprise.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night my neighbor offered to drive me pick up my car after being serviced. My sons were all too busy,{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/20/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 9/20/2014 minkbunny said:

My husband went into town to get his hair cut and brought me back eight giant (well 12inch pots) of mums - bright yellow and russet orange - will match my fall display perfectly . I was working in the yard up at the cabin when he left getting all my stuff out - he said when he drove by the greenhouse and saw their display a magnetic pull drew him in.

And he brought giant cinnamon rolls from the Amish stand at the greenhouse as well !

(nice thread).

Nice story..

He's a keeper!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Loved all the stories.

Respected Contributor

I really like these kinds of stories.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

My jeweler fixed a necklace for free today. Saved me about $36. Made my day!

Regular Contributor

Last week when I went to get gas, a man asked me if I realized I had a flat front tire. Of course I hadn't realized! So I drove over to the air pump thing and started bumbling around with it. The man came over and said he'd do it for me! I was so happy!

Esteemed Contributor

This week:

My single-mom niece has bike/walking trails in her backyard that wrap around her town. She hurt her knee running late last fall and kept re-injuring her knee. For her 40th birthday, I mentioned to my husband I wished I could buy her a bike. The three of us went out to breakfast this morning. Then, we walked across the street to a bike shop. She loaded a new, TREK bike in her SUV, with all the bells and whistles. She wept, was so touched and excited. That guy..........

My boss bought me a 'goodie' from the student bake sale... "just because."

My 6 year-old grandson told me he loved me -- just out of the blue!

Sweet thread. I look forward to reading more posts.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

One of the secretaries at school brought something I printed from the printer to my desk Sounds trivial, but the printer is all the down the hall, and she saved me time and steps on a busy day. Smiley Happy It's the little things. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero