Regular Contributor

Lands End clothing very nice and so reasonably priced. Free ship and handling on some things today is nice too. I have had good luck with sizing and quality 

Regular Contributor

The very same items are less expensive on their site with free shipping both ways.

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

The very same items are less expensive on their site with free shipping both ways.

The shipping is 9.00 unless you spend 99.00 or have a coupon.  Some of the items have been less expensive on the Q than their own website. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the fact check 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Cwoldie wrote:

The shipping is 9.00 unless you spend 99.00 or have a coupon.  Some of the items have been less expensive on the Q than their own website. 

@San Antonio Gal @Cwoldie 

There is no free return shipping unless the product is defective.

Once you buy from LE they will send coupons for 40% off everything and free shipping to the customer - no minimum purchase.

Sometimes it is just the 40% off but right now I have a coupon good through November 30 for 40% off with no minimum purchase for free shipping.

Those corduroy pants are cheaper at LE for example with coupons or with the promo on the LE website.

You have to know what you are looking at and also the choice of colors, e.g., can be limited on the Q vs. on LE.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I placed two orders this week from Lands End website.  First order was two fleece jackets that totaled $45.00. Free shipping, arrived in four days. The second item was a nightgown for $34.00 and free shipping. Also arrived in four days. The Q doesn't carry the nightgown but the fleece jacket is item# A-548781 selling for $$39.98 at the Q. Almost twice the price. The same thing. I have the products, I have the invoice, I did read the fine print. 
I used no coupon. I am looking at several items that the Q had on this morning. I checked the LE website and they were all cheaper.

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

I placed two orders this week from Lands End website.  First order was two fleece jackets that totaled $45.00. Free shipping, arrived in four days. The second item was a nightgown for $34.00 and free shipping. Also arrived in four days. The Q doesn't carry the nightgown but the fleece jacket is item# A-548781 selling for $$39.98 at the Q. Almost twice the price. The same thing. I have the products, I have the invoice, I did read the fine print. 
I used no coupon. I am looking at several items that the Q had on this morning. I checked the LE website and they were all cheaper.

@Cwoldie   If those jackets and the nightgown came in with free shipping then you had a promotion.  You do not need a coupon all the time; sometimes the website offers "no minimum shipping" and you can order several times as long as the promo is still active.

Also the regular price of that jacket on the Q is less than the original price on LE.  Q=$39.98 and LE=$44.95.

It is the promotion on LE, whether online or with a coupon, that reduces the final cost to cheaper than the Q.

LE simply does not ship for free without a promotion or a coupon.

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind:  Even if you pay LE shipping, it is one rate for everything.

No charging per item.

Same with returns if you use their prepaid label.

LE only deducts ONE return price; not one price for each item.

Need to correct this post:  LE deducts only 1 return shipping fee if you use their label.

If you purchase your own at USPS or UPS, e.g., it isn't deducted from your refund. 

I hope I was clear.

Respected Contributor

I've shopped at LE quite a bit over the years.  Nice quality items.  I don't always love their color schemes.  

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I've shopped at LE quite a bit over the years.  Nice quality items.  I don't always love their color schemes.  

@Another new name Sue   I agree-sometimes the colors are repeated season after season and can be quite bland.

The only time I found a reduction in quality happened when Sears took over.

Thankfully that has been resolved.