Honored Contributor

Today on our way home we stopped by the new skating center in our area (Wesley Chapel, FL).  What a beautiful complex and brought back wonderful memories when both boys played ice hockey.

We got a nice surprise the pairs skaters were practicing.  It was beautiful to see the artistry, skills and how they skate in sync with each other along to the music.  The level of concentration and skill was amazing. 

Of course, these are Olympic size skating rinks. The women's Olympic team trains at this center.  

Love to watch skating I'm watching the Figure Skating championships now.

Trusted Contributor

The girl that won the gold from Carpentersville, IL is as thin as a straw.  She landed all her jumps which wasn't surprising (like Tara Lapinski) because she didn't have that added weight to weigh her down.  Hopes she wins at the Olympics.

Valued Contributor

I was glad to see that Nagasu made the Olympic team this time. I felt bad for her back in 2014 when she wasn't chosen for the team - I didn't agree with their decision.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies' Ice Skating

[ Edited ]

I also watched last night.  The ladies' skating has always been my favorite.  I was happy with the winner lineup, but the hosts kept saying none of the American women will be able to beat the Russians.  Not very supportive of them.

Next I like the partners.  Dancing is third.  My least favorite is the men's, always has been.  Don't know why.

Other than skating, the winter Olympics holds no interest for me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

I was glad to see that Nagasu made the Olympic team this time. I felt bad for her back in 2014 when she wasn't chosen for the team - I didn't agree with their decision.

@cimeranrose

Neither did I.  I thought it was grossly unfair.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Ladies' Ice Skating

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree  I had to chuckle to myself about some of the other sports in the Winter Olympics.  DH and I always say that if we get a case of insomnia during those two weeks, there is probably always Curling on to watch to make us sleepy!Cat SurprisedCat LOL

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@LilacTree  I had to chuckle to myself about some of the other sports in the Winter Olympics.  DH and I always say that if we get a case of insomnia during those two weeks, there is probably always Curling on to watch to make us sleepy!Cat SurprisedCat LOL

@Pandalady

LOL, I go along with that!!

Formerly Ford1224