Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Kinda sad @Newgate that your grandma's bell did see the light of day. Perhaps she forgot about it but now it has an appreciative new home.

I collect "mermaid" things like little statuettes and earrings.

I collect pins from skating events, clubs, and rinks. I have a sports jacket that I pin them on but I'd really like get some kind of shadow box to display them. (Suggestions welcome).

I've also collected a lot of beautiful ice skating Christmas cards. I had wanted to hang them for years but didn't want to deal with many, many frames and nail holes. One day in Kohl's I noticed some interlocked square frames. I bought a couple, cut the cards to fit and hung them up - only one nail hole but 8 "photos" in each frame. That was a very satisfying craft!

@sandraskates

Craft stores like Michaels sells shadow boxes for everything and in every size you can imagine, frequently on sale too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

You go Sooner!!

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Kinda sad @Newgate that your grandma's bell did see the light of day. Perhaps she forgot about it but now it has an appreciative new home.

I collect "mermaid" things like little statuettes and earrings.

I collect pins from skating events, clubs, and rinks. I have a sports jacket that I pin them on but I'd really like get some kind of shadow box to display them. (Suggestions welcome).

I've also collected a lot of beautiful ice skating Christmas cards. I had wanted to hang them for years but didn't want to deal with many, many frames and nail holes. One day in Kohl's I noticed some interlocked square frames. I bought a couple, cut the cards to fit and hung them up - only one nail hole but 8 "photos" in each frame. That was a very satisfying craft!

@sandraskates

Those multiple frames are just the best aren't they! I did my son's senior pictures myself, and purchased a number of these multiple frames because I got so many great shots, I just couldn't narrow them down as far as I wanted to.

I collect a few vintage Christmas cards (mostly from the 1940's) and use them in my Christmas vignettes, but never thought about framing them in this way. Love this idea, and thanks for sharing it.