Honored Contributor

Re: LIVE MUSIC FESTIVAL ON MSNBC NOW

Never mind I googled it, which I should have done in the first place, it was powerful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Never mind I googled it, which I should have done in the first place, it was powerful.

@QVCkitty1

Sorry, I was away from the iPad for a bit.  Are you familiar with the song?  Billie Holiday made it famous a long time ago.  It always sends chills up my spine.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1

Sorry, I was away from the iPad for a bit.  Are you familiar with the song?  Billie Holiday made it famous a long time ago.  It always sends chills up my spine.

@Noel7, yes, I knew it was a Billie Holiday song, and considering the situation these days it is chilling.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the festival - both music and speakers.  It's been a wonder to see so many young people and not one is looking at his/her phone.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm enjoying the festival - both music and speakers.  It's been a wonder to see so many young people and not one is looking at his/her phone.  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr

I enjoyed the speakers, too.  Usually speakers like that are pretty boring.  Loved hearing from the young people who have done so much for others, and the emphasis on education for girls and women. 

Honored Contributor

I do like The Killers. They have a new album out but I haven't listened to yet. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Wow, that was really something!  I applaud the audience, too, for being so well behaved and standing in one place for hours and hours, lol.

Great blend of music and inspiration.

Honored Contributor

What a human being!
Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the insults thrown at the telethon that was supposed to be for the Hurricane victims, I won't get sucked into the vortex again, lol.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I didn't care for the insults thrown at the telethon that was supposed to be for the Hurricane victims, I won't get sucked into the vortex again, lol.

@SydneyH

You lost me.  What does your comment have to do with the festival?  It wasn't a telethon or a fund raiser.  It was a musical event that highlighted people who help others in the world, like the doctor who let us know there is now a one pill a day treatment for AIDS, 

It also included singer Demi Lovato who is now also an advocate for mental illness education.