Frequent Contributor

My guess would be that she is working with that shop in Charleston where she bought and recommended some items last year.

Respected Contributor

Re: LISA'S JEWERLY

[ Edited ]

I see the Lisa Detractors are out in force.  IMO, Lisa is a classy lady who has achieved quite a lot (did you know she is a CLASSICAL VIOLINIST?  Read her bio.) and done nothing to draw such negativity.  Certainly, she is attractive and has a killer body, but that does not define her no matter what the naysayers claim.  She is entertaining, gracious, and truly a caring person, as her time before the camera and her gazillion friends prove.  You can't pin Lisa down to a stereotype or diminish her by nitpicking one of her outfits.  She's not an airhead and she's not someone desperately trying to hang onto her youth.  Lisa is a talented, vital woman who's about to embark on her next challenge.  I for one say good for her!

Respected Contributor

MsX,  could not agree more just how much talent Lisa has. I admire a person like her who can do as many different things and are good at what they do. Don't think she deserves to be knocked on here as much as she is. What is some thing to try and get a grip on is the fact that so many yak about her about her run her down but they are watching every move she makes or every word she says and they can't run on here fast enough to post what is going on in her life.

Super Contributor

Hey, I didn't post the picture of her boring outfit.  What is so noteworthy about it or the jewelry?  And yet the buzz is about buying this rehashed stuff as soon as it comes out. 

I don't see what is so great and successful at making oodles of money by running your mouth nonstop.  If you're born a motor mouth it's not hard to make money at it, not to mention that tiny little earpiece prompting her at every turn or attending sales meetings.  If she was a driving force at QVC she wouldn't be floundering around for over a year.  Many have outstanding blogs without the sales experience LR has.  Being born pretty has helped her immensely because with that lack of brain power she wouldn't have gotten far.  Her job took a little bit of training, not brain power.

I can compare her to many more accomplished women who don't have to:  plaster their pictures in overdone outfits; trips here and yon; one stupid cauliflower recipe over and over; pretending she can cook by using G. Washington's Seasoning; claiming she's a designer but hasn't quite made a statement with that claim even though she's had plenty of time before and after leaving QVC, that includes making selecting (not designing) pieces from her wardrobe to make a line for QVC with a stupid GILI (can it get any more silly) label; and using the fuzzy focus to camouflage her 50 year-old wrinkles.  Heck, is this what you call accomplished?

Her tribe must be born yesterday to believe her on every count of her boring daily life.  BTW, I when see the pics posted here, that's when I check out her FB page perchance to actually witness something outstanding that the oohs and ahhhs are all about.  Oh, and when has she played the violin for her tribe recently?  Me thinks she's a teensy bit out of practice due to new excellent career and chasing after another million she's been doing.  Yes, it's chasing after money she's good at because creativity is not one of her talents, nor is amping up her Vlogazine.  She can't even find and hire someone who would help and she needs a lot of help.  Of course, she may be doing this for fun and adulation, in that regard I rest my case.

I don't know who I find more rediculous, LR or her tribe and cheerleaders.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I'll leave now and go practice a couple of Chopin Etudes that I'm performing at a soiree next week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QWARKSTER, you have every right to voice your opinion, but I disagree with your statements about Lisa.  Wow, just wow!

I have many of her GILI designs as well as her Christmas items and I have received nothing but compliments about them over the years.  She is very talented whether you believe so or not.  She was excellent at the Q and I don't think it has been the same since she left.

I hope her jewelry line works out.  I was curious about her rough diamond jewelry and if anyone here has ever had any of this and their thoughts on these types of stones.  I still think this may have been Plan B rather than Plan A for her, however, I feel she is smart to know what direction to take her life and I wish her well.  Just as much as I wish you well in your life also.

Trusted Contributor

@qwarkster wrote:

Hey, I didn't post the picture of her boring outfit.  What is so noteworthy about it or the jewelry?  And yet the buzz is about buying this rehashed stuff as soon as it comes out. 

I don't see what is so great and successful at making oodles of money by running your mouth nonstop.  If you're born a motor mouth it's not hard to make money at it, not to mention that tiny little earpiece prompting her at every turn or attending sales meetings.  If she was a driving force at QVC she wouldn't be floundering around for over a year.  Many have outstanding blogs without the sales experience LR has.  Being born pretty has helped her immensely because with that lack of brain power she wouldn't have gotten far.  Her job took a little bit of training, not brain power.

I can compare her to many more accomplished women who don't have to:  plaster their pictures in overdone outfits; trips here and yon; one stupid cauliflower recipe over and over; pretending she can cook by using G. Washington's Seasoning; claiming she's a designer but hasn't quite made a statement with that claim even though she's had plenty of time before and after leaving QVC, that includes making selecting (not designing) pieces from her wardrobe to make a line for QVC with a stupid GILI (can it get any more silly) label; and using the fuzzy focus to camouflage her 50 year-old wrinkles.  Heck, is this what you call accomplished?

Her tribe must be born yesterday to believe her on every count of her boring daily life.  BTW, I when see the pics posted here, that's when I check out her FB page perchance to actually witness something outstanding that the oohs and ahhhs are all about.  Oh, and when has she played the violin for her tribe recently?  Me thinks she's a teensy bit out of practice due to new excellent career and chasing after another million she's been doing.  Yes, it's chasing after money she's good at because creativity is not one of her talents, nor is amping up her Vlogazine.  She can't even find and hire someone who would help and she needs a lot of help.  Of course, she may be doing this for fun and adulation, in that regard I rest my case.

I don't know who I find more rediculous, LR or her tribe and cheerleaders.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I'll leave now and go practice a couple of Chopin Etudes that I'm performing at a soiree next week.

ALL true, especially the comments about her "tribe".

Respected Contributor

I thought I'd stop and read this thread since it's been here for days and it's cold and windy outside, so I'm goofing off waiting until Walking Dead comes on.

I'm neither a fan nor a Lisa hater.  That said, why would anyone feel the need for some of the scathing, judgemental remarks for someone they don't even know?

All I can say is WOW!  I feel like I'm reading something about the Salem Witch Trials.  All some of you need is some gasoline and a box of matches.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qwarkster wrote:

I can somewhat understand when someone formulates a dislike for stranger. But your post is so over the top with bilious contempt that I have to wonder why you have such a dramatic, overblown reaction to a former shopping channel host and those who might post a kind word of support for her current projects.

I find your post oddly personal. As if you experienced some level of harm or deep feeling of offense by watching her.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've not read replies here but I have a question.  Why is it that everything Lisa, still has to be posted here?  I think everyone is well aware she has a FB page as well as her vlogazine and if they are interested they can see what she's up to.

Anyone who has been here for any length of time knows what threads about her generally end up turning into and it's never good.  I don't get the constant need to post here about her and what she is doing. 

My opinion only which means little.  LOL