Trusted Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

@Hooty  Lisa left at about the same time there was a huge shakeup in management at the Q.  Perhaps they targeted the highly compensated people. Don't know.  There was a rumor that she wanted a market share of the GILI line.  Don't know about that either.  What I am certain of is she was probably given a severance with a non compete attached for a period of time.  Standard in the industry. I feel she was a real pro that knew how to sell.  IMO, Most of the other hosts are now shrill in their delivery and high pressure sales tactics cause me to mute or change the channel.  I used to watch for pure enjoyment and would invariable see something I wanted.  No more.  Can only take the hosts that are currently on for a limited amount of time.  So, that is their business model now, I will just decline and change the channel.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why some posters believe that hosts who've left QVC to do other things made big mistakes & thus are failures?  How many working people today stay in the same workplace their entire career?  That may have been the norm for our parents & grandparents (I'm 68), but that's not how it goes in today's world.  At least these former hosts are working, paying taxes & contributing in some way.

Honored Contributor

Re: cLISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

@Annabellethecat66

Well said. 

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't matter how much money Lisa was earning at QVC or all the perks her postion afforded her -- if she wasn't happy, all the money in the world wouldn't matter.  I have no way of actually knowing, but I would guess Lisa was "smart" with her money, and invested, saved, etc.  It sounds like her new life gives her the freedom to do what she wants.  Her recent endeavors may not be as "glamorous" as some might have thought she would have chosen post QVC, but she's doing what she wants, and I would bet she is still financially sucessful.  I can only imagine how freeing and less stressful her life probably is now.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I wish LR all the best. 😃

HEY LOVES.....me too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That is the route Lisa's buddy Patty R. who left the Q prior to Lisa went....infomercials for calista hair tool.......that went no where. Lisa can not seem to get a REAL job....thus why she is so scattered everywhere  trying to make a buck.....amounting to nothing. Mid aged, and looking it, not very desireble anymore. 

@SeaMaiden:  Nobody on this forum really knows what Lisa has or doesn't have as far as financial security.  You don't know whether she can get a real job or not.  Maybe she is so well off she can pick and choose what she does, experimenting until she finds that "niche" for her.  Good for her. I find it harsh for you to say that she's looking her age and not very desirable anymore.  Come on, let's support each other in every stage of our lives.  I believe she is a beautiful woman and still has many years ahead of her to live out the most productive life she can.  No, I am not a follower but wish the ugliness would stop.  She's moved on and some other people need to also. JMHO

Great post, Hoovermom......I agree!

Respected Contributor

I think Lisa is a very successful woman.  Nobody wishes her ill will.

I just don't get the over-aduation some express for her.  It's amusing and puzzling to me.  LOL

Valued Contributor

I believe they are friends and that is what friends do, help each other.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

As I stated on another thread, she should have stayed at the Q, she was in her element.

I will admit I only enjoyed her in the Christmas decor shows, as I don't buy or watch fashion/beauty on Q, but she really was in her element on Q. 

I'm sure she had many reasons for wanting to move on, but it seems to me she left a pretty sweet deal, and one that she was really good at.

mominohio.....I agree about Lisa's Christmas decor.  I have TOO MUCH, lol....but it sure is stunning!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

What skin care do  you use?  I use Dr. Denese and I have almost no wrinkles.  I turn 70 this year.  It's a combination of a lot of things.  

I see on TV now where there are many other things that can be done to the skin that doesn't require plastic surgery.  I'm sure Dr. D is up on all of them and uses them in her practice.  I'm not saying anyone should use her products, I am saying because she looks good doesn't mean she's been cut......don't you want TV?

Besides, we live in an age where if someone wants to have plastic surgery and they have the money, why not?  It's none of our business.  When you look at those beautiful young models all of those vendors are smearing stuff on them, do you expect to look like them?  If you do, I have some swamp land I'll sell you.

My point is, Dr D is selling a wish, a hope, just like all of the other vendors.  By the time a woman (I guess) is in her 40's if she doesn't look good, she either has to forget it or have plastic surgery.  There's no amount of cream of any kind that's going to get rid of deep age related wrinkles.

You either buy into it or you don't.  Plain and simple.

Annabelle.....I use and love Dr. Denese's hydroshield serum and her pads.  I do think that the Q offers a better price than what is on her website.  From what I have read, the deal on her website right now is only for a 30 day supply.  I would definitely order it from the Q, but I realize there are alot of people that do not watch the Q and do order from her website.