Respected Contributor

Re: LISA R. is having a Memorial Weekend Sale

@Mj12 wrote:

I have purchased final sale in the past from Talbots and Ann Taylor. However these companies (most companies actually) permit and encourage reviews - they even e-mail you to ask you to review an item. And these companies always give complete measurements. So I knew exactly what to expect. I would never purchase a final sale item from any site that refused to allow reviews and refused to give full measurements. 

You can't tell too much about a clothing item from just a photoshopped picture  especially with the same model over and over again.  I do think her faux flowers are pretty. 

@Mj12.....I agree with what you said.  There have been many posters that have begged her to list the exact measurements and that just saying, "Lisa is in a small or a medium" does not actually help at all.  How hard is it to get measurements from the companies she buys from because she is not designing them, she is buying from other companies and marking things up from what they sell to her. 

Respected Contributor

I just wanted y'all to know that about a couple of hours ago, Lisa put more clearance items up on her FB page.  Looks like more clothing.  Remember, these sales on clearance items only are non-returnable, so buy at your own risk.

Lisa started her company at the end of March 2016 and she, in my opinion, did a banging business (lol) for about 3 years and then I have noticed that over the past year, she hasn't sold as well as when she first started.  I think she is trying to move as much merchandise as possible because she just started these big clearance sales last year.  

I wish her well and fear that this pandemic has hurt her business somewhat.  I hope her business as well as others survive.  I think what may help is if she would price her items a lttle more reasonable, because as one poster stated......her markups are too high and you can tell it when she severely reduces the prices during these clearance sales.  And yes, customers that paid full price have made statements in the past about how they wish they had waited.  Oh well.

Anyway, if interested go over and look at the new items she put up.  She may have some new ones tomorrow too since it's running through Memorial Day weekend.

Super Contributor

@kittykatkay I have looked up many of her items online and her mark up is around 38%- she doesn not ship to Alaska and Hawaii which doesn't seem fair to me- she does not accept reviews or any negative responses- many of her customers have asked many times for garment measurements and to use a size chart and she or her team never responds- buying her clothing is just too risky and trying to use her as a gauge is not right either- many have asked for larger sizes but she always says we are just a small company but she is working on it to which I do not believe, after almost 5 years of this company worklng on it is not good enough if you want to keep your clients- as for her decorating items it is all her taste, she does not offer things for beach themes, rustic, southwestern- it is all european and classic as that is what she wants- during this time she has resorted to videos of her cooking, singing and doing puzzles I think just to keep an interest in her company and to her few followers that think she can do no wrong this is great- her plans for traveling with the tribe have all been postponed due to the virus- her whole company can't be doing well - seems to me her employees shouldn't have to be working from home when you only have 7- buyer beware with her stuff especially the clothing 

Respected Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@kittykatkay I have looked up many of her items online and her mark up is around 38%- she doesn not ship to Alaska and Hawaii which doesn't seem fair to me- she does not accept reviews or any negative responses- many of her customers have asked many times for garment measurements and to use a size chart and she or her team never responds- buying her clothing is just too risky and trying to use her as a gauge is not right either- many have asked for larger sizes but she always says we are just a small company but she is working on it to which I do not believe, after almost 5 years of this company worklng on it is not good enough if you want to keep your clients- as for her decorating items it is all her taste, she does not offer things for beach themes, rustic, southwestern- it is all european and classic as that is what she wants- during this time she has resorted to videos of her cooking, singing and doing puzzles I think just to keep an interest in her company and to her few followers that think she can do no wrong this is great- her plans for traveling with the tribe have all been postponed due to the virus- her whole company can't be doing well - seems to me her employees shouldn't have to be working from home when you only have 7- buyer beware with her stuff especially the clothing 

@arizona babe....I completely agree with what you said.  I think those trips have actually been cancelled, the one to Disney and also to Colorado?  She didn't have enough to sign up and with this virus, they decided to cancel altogether, at least that is what I've heard.  The European trip in Sept. to Italy and a few other places, I heard, is up in the air.  Some people have dropped out and asked for a refund and depending on whether it is actually safe enough to board a cruise ship in Sept., is questionable, so we shall see.  

Yes, she is doing alot of things on FB lately, I think not only because she is alone at home during this crisis, but to hopefully get more traffic to her site so they will buy, but sadly, no one is buying like they have in the past.  I don't know if her business will survive, but I hope it does as well as others going through this difficult time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I have purchased final sale in the past from Talbots and Ann Taylor. However these companies (most companies actually) permit and encourage reviews - they even e-mail you to ask you to review an item. And these companies always give complete measurements. So I knew exactly what to expect. I would never purchase a final sale item from any site that refused to allow reviews and refused to give full measurements. 

You can't tell too much about a clothing item from just a photoshopped picture  especially with the same model over and over again.  I do think her faux flowers are pretty. 

@MJ12 

The 3 female employees (at least I've only ever seen 3) are younger than she is, at least Katie is and the other two appear to be as well and on them the clothes would probably look too matronly. And at least one of them (Katie) is camera shy anyway so doubt she'd be willing to model them. Maybe that's true of the others as well.

Super Contributor

I know I have heard Katie remark and the other two gals how much they like a certain top. Maybe they don't model for other reasons. 🤔hmm   Lisa sure does take a zillion pics and most make her look thinner and taller. 

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

It doesn't look like her sale is going well at all.  Bless her heart.

Awww, I think she'll be fine no matter what.Heart

Bless your heart.

For starting this thread.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

How does she have all these "Treasures" made just for the Tribe.  How gullible are people?  

I have no idea how her business is going to survive long-term.

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t follow Lisa on Facebook (I did for a very short time) and have never purchased anything from her company. I can see “no returns” on deeply discounted items. But if there is not complete information such as measurements AND reviews, then that is quite unfair to her customers. The No Reviews alone is enough to make me not buy. Or if bad reviews or complaints on her FB page are deleted, well that is just not a good business practice.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

LR must not be very confident in her business or merchandise if she doesn't allow any reviews.  If her customers have complaints, she should do whatever she can to address them rather than avoid them.  I wouldn't think a business that does that would have too many repeat customers.

Where does she obtain her merchandise?  Are they "first run" merchanise or things that would end up in "factory outlet" shops?

Actually, I feel kind of sorry for her.