Esteemed Contributor

1.   We are not given a good life or a bad life.  We are given a life.  It's up to us to make it good or bad..

2.   When thinking about life, remember this:  No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future.

3.   Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.

4.   To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect.  You just have to care

5.   Do everything with a good heart and expect nothing in return and you will never be disappointed.

6.   Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you.

7.   Never be a prisoner of your past.  It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

8.   The older you get, the more quiet you become.  Life humbles you so deeply as you age.  You realize how much nonsense you've wasted time on.

9.   If you don't make time to work on creating the life you want, you're eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you don't want.

10.   Give but don't allow yourself to be used.  Love but don't allow your heart to be abused.  Trust. But don't be naive. Listen. But don't lose your own voice.

11.   One day you will wake up and there won't be any more time to do the things you've always wanted to do.  Do it now.

12.   A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are.

13.   The elimination diet:  

Remove anger, regret, worry, resentment, guilt and                blame.  Then watch your heart and life improve.

14.   Don't cry over the past, it's gone.  Don't stress about the future, it hasn't arrived.  Live in the present and make it beautiful

15.   Life has no remote.  Get up and change it yourself.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Perfectly put!!🥂

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Lindsays Grandma  

▷ Love it Signs: Animated Images, Gifs, Pictures & Animations ...

Always Enjoy Reading Them

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked the last one. ❤️

Honored Contributor

I love to read, Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes.  His quotes have spoken to me in the past.  Do you have a favorite person whose quotes speak to you?

Honored Contributor

Great question, @qualitygal .  I like a lot of people's wisdom distilled down into pithy quotes.  One of my favorites is an economist, the fearless Thomas Sowell:

thomas-sowells-quotes-2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

I really liked the last one. ❤️

@godi 

That's why I left it for the last, usually that is the one that stays in the mind.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Having been a teacher as well as being aware about things going around me, I have a major issue with number one.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I love to read, Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes.  His quotes have spoken to me in the past.  Do you have a favorite person whose quotes speak to you?

@qualitygal Gilbran's The Poet.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Having been a teacher as well as being aware about things going around me, I have a major issue with number one.

@ECBG ... I'm sorry if it offended you in any way, I don't make these quotes up.