Honored Contributor

Was "chatting" with an Instacart shopper today

And I had requested Wegman's regular paper towels. It wasn't there and she replaced it with Wegmans' select a size paper towels.  I told her to refund me.  I hate select a size.  She said she hated it and her mother (who works at Wegmans) hates it too!   She's about the 4th or 5th person I've known who hates the select a size.  Bounty was the brand that started it.  Now that's all you see.  Getting harder and harder to find regular (and in print too!)  My husband hates it and insists that I search for the regular towels. So search Amazon etc for them.  Anyone prefer the select a size?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Was "chatting" with an Instacart shopper today

@songbird wrote:

And I had requested Wegman's regular paper towels. It wasn't there and she replaced it with Wegmans' select a size paper towels.  I told her to refund me.  I hate select a size.  She said she hated it and her mother (who works at Wegmans) hates it too!   She's about the 4th or 5th person I've known who hates the select a size.  Bounty was the brand that started it.  Now that's all you see.  Getting harder and harder to find regular (and in print too!)  My husband hates it and insists that I search for the regular towels. So search Amazon etc for them.  Anyone prefer the select a size?  

I do.  I like that you have the option of "half" a sheet for small jobs.  My mom also insists I get those for her.  She now considers th full sheets to a a waste.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Yes!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I love "select a size". The other choice is tooooo big for most of my jobs.

Trusted Contributor

I love the select a size. No need to waste a big paper towel when half will do.  

Honored Contributor

It took me a while to get used to them.  

I don't like the regular size anymore if we buy them by mistake.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely prefer "select a size."  Frequently don't need a whole sheet and half does the trick.  Love them!!

@songbird  Curious, why do you "hate" them???

Esteemed Contributor

I never liked them but I'm learning to live with select-a-size because it seems that regular size paper towels are very hard to find. My husband still hates those little paper towel pieces but I have to explain why they're in our kitchen. I have groceries delivered from Aldi's and I often have no choice. Given our problems these days, I don't sweat the small stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Another select a size can here; particularly nice in this time of shortages (around here we still only sporadically see T.P. and paper towels.

Honored Contributor

I wish they had never created that select mess.  Now that seems to be the only thing out there even when you can find paper towels.   I have not seen "big sheets" since before this all began.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."