Honored Contributor

@Libra2  Some of us are wondering how you are doing. If you feel like it, would you mind popping in to say "hi"?  Hope all is well with you and the Walmart "crazies" have calmed down! I recall some of the stories you told about them. Wishing you well.

Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I'am still working at Walmart and going on 13 years now. Well so many changes. I did have a customer tell me he found out that he had covid the day I helped him at the self checkout. I was ok and now have my second covid shot.

Walmart is losing all the good help. Instead they are hiring teenagers. Most of them are on cellphones texting or just call out.

Lots of employees are calling out too many times because they can get fired and make more money on unemployment. And I heard some people are working under the table while still getting their unemployment.

For me I'am doing the work of 5 or more employees. I get so tired at the end of my shift. That's why I haven't been on as much.

Walmart has this new one team. The employees go to other departments and do their work each day. Most of my regulars shop online now or just shop once a month. I really miss them. I still don't even make 15.00 yet but the new teenagers are making more than me when they walk in and get hired.

Oh wait I forgot, I did get a 20 cent raise last month, but still not getting 15.00 yet after 13 years.

Love,

Libra2