Esteemed Contributor

1.   Happiness is not something ready made.   It comes from your own actions.

2.   If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat!  Just get on.

3.   You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have.

4.   Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.

5.   Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

5.   It's your place in the world;  it's your life.  Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.

6.   Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.

7.   Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

8.   It's not the years in your life that count.  It's the life in your years.

9.   I think of life as a good book.  The further you get into it, the more it begins to make sense.

10.   You become what you believe.

11.   Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, I'm possible.

12.   If you can dream it, you can achieve it.

13.   Plant your garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

14.   The secret to life is to love who you are, warts and all.

15.   I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear.

16.   A goal without a plan is just a wish.

17.   A goal is not always meant to be reached.  It often serves simply as something to aim at.

18.   You must take action now that will move you towards your goals.  Develop a sense of urgency in your life.

19.   If you don't have goals, you will always work for someone who does.

20.   Crystallize your goals.  Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline.  Then, with supreme confidence,

determine and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticism, carry out your plan.

21.   Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul.  Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.

22.   If you want a  happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

23.   Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.

24.   You control your future, your destiny.  What you think about comes about.  By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be.  Put your future in good hands  your own.

25.   You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

26.   Think before you speak.  Plan before you act.  Accomplish your goals before it's too late.

27.   You may be closer to accomplishing your goals than you think.  Don't give up.

28.   The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment.

29.   It may take years till you succeed at a goal but you keep trying and when you earn the victory you'll appreciate its value.

30.   Try not yo change your goals and plans simply because somebody special came along.  Because you'll never know if they plan to stay forever.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Glad you're back and feeling better.  Even one day without your posts is too much.  That #11 really is true.

Esteemed Contributor

So great to see you posted this morning. Hope your getting better and the pain subsiding. These are all great quotes. Take care and thanks for all the words of encouragement you provide. ❤️🙏☕️

Respected Contributor

So glad you're feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I signed on with hopes of seeing some of your soul nourishing, nuggets of wisdom, and this collection delivered just that!😀 

You are so appreciated. The outpouring of concern, positive energy, and well wishes for you that I read today, and yesterday is a true testament to that.😊

Never doubt for a minute, the true impact your collections have on so many!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...Your message sure hit home.  I was very surprised at how many people responded to my not being here due to the pain I have.  I honestly didn't know so  many posters read the quotes and jokes and it pleases me that so many are enjoying them.  I don't do it for self gratification, I do it for whatever pleasure I can give to others.  

So many lives have been turned upside down and it isn't going to end any time soon.   As for those posters who choose to be negative and rude to their fellow posters, well, what can I say?   I just hope that whatever it is in their personalities that makes them that way, will one day be reversed for their sake.

I have no doubt we are soul sisters regardless of the fact we have never met.  Here I am, so many miles from where you are, never met you, don't even know what state you live in, and yet you post words that have been in my thoughts regarding the amount of people who were concerned about my well being.   Some would say it is just a coincidence, I think not, it goes deeper than that.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@appm wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   Glad you're back and feeling better.  Even one day without your posts is too much.  That #11 really is true.

@appm ...that #11 quote took me by surprise.  After I read it I thought to myself how many times I have seen that word and never noticed how it broke down from "impossible " to 

"I'm possible." Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LESSONS IN LIFE QUOTES

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles ...Your message sure hit home.  I was very surprised at how many people responded to my not being here due to the pain I have.  I honestly didn't know so  many posters read the quotes and jokes and it pleases me that so many are enjoying them.  I don't do it for self gratification, I do it for whatever pleasure I can give to others.  

So many lives have been turned upside down and it isn't going to end any time soon.   As for those posters who choose to be negative and rude to their fellow posters, well, what can I say?   I just hope that whatever it is in their personalities that makes them that way, will one day be reversed for their sake.

I have no doubt we are soul sisters regardless of the fact we have never met.  Here I am, so many miles from where you are, never met you, don't even know what state you live in, and yet you post words that have been in my thoughts regarding the amount of people who were concerned about my well being.   Some would say it is just a coincidence, I think not, it goes deeper than that.  Heart

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this touching post! You so eloquently stated my sentiments exactly.😊❤

Kindness ALWAYS overshadows negativity, so just keep doing what you do! There is nothing like a beautiful ray of sunshine, on an unwanted, dreary day.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖