Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 You and I have addressed this before (people not googling their questions).  We've said the same things.  I've had people comment on how is it I'm able to find out questions on here.....duh?

I just google the question asked and magically up pops the answers....not a big brainer, really.  I wish I was smart....it is because I'm challenged at most things that I learned how easy it is to google the questions and find the answers.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 You and I have addressed this before (people not googling their questions).  We've said the same things.  I've had people comment on how is it I'm able to find out questions on here.....duh?

I just google the question asked and magically up pops the answers....not a big brainer, really.  I wish I was smart....it is because I'm challenged at most things that I learned how easy it is to google the questions and find the answers.

Someone actually asked you that?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@I figured out OP, IMO, DH, DD, to reply to someone with @ + their nickname,  and a few other expressions. What is a "troll" or don't I want to know?

@Shanus

If you haven't already done so, google "Message Board Etiquette".   Lots of good basic information.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I totally agree. To me it's always come naturally to go look for the answer, even before Google. Many years ago two of the people in the IT Department where I worked expressed it well when they said it wasn't that they necessarily knew the answers (to the questions they received from staff), it was that they knew how to find the answer.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

"Bad behavior" is very often in the eye of the beholder. I tend not to appreciate it when others believe they get to decide what is appropriate and inappropriate for everyone. I often find it more appropriate to speak in generalities so that individuals are not targeted, but not everyone does that 😎

Isn't it interesting, when someone disagrees with you (general meaning of "you"), they almost always will say, "You didn't have to be so rude!", no matter how you may have worded your response?

In other words, unless you (again, general meaning of the word) agree with them, your response is "rude".

I have to laugh at that.

@Plaid Pants2, I confess I find many responses laugh-worthy. Especially those from posters who will chastise all rudeness in general everywhere, and then proceed to rip new ones for posters in various threads around the forum at different times. Whether a poster might be considered rude or harsh in "A" thread is much less important to me than how they post generally, all over.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Honored Contributor

@juperier Smiley Happy Happy New Year!

Respected Contributor

I skip over abbreviations. I figure some are people's initials. Others? If people can't take time to spell out their thoughrs, I move on. 

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Shanus

IMHO-- In My Humble Opinion

DBIL -- dear brother in law/

DSIL-- dear sister or son in law

DGCs-- dear grand children 

DGS/DGD

FYI For your information

IDK-- I Don't Know

Isn't this crazy? But it CAN save time occasionally 

News to me, except for the old FYI. Dbil? Why is everyone "dear?" I thought they were abbreviated named. Silly... spell it out!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@I figured out OP, IMO, DH, DD, to reply to someone with @ + their nickname,  and a few other expressions. What is a "troll" or don't I want to know?

@Shanus

Don't you know how to google ?

That was not very polite. I can't speak for shanks, but I personally do research all the time, yet it never occurred to me that those letters stood for terms that I would have to Google. I skip over such posts if the writers can't be bothered to use real words. I speak German: shall I write in German and expect everyone to google every word? Nein!