Honored Contributor

They're going to need an hour . . .

. . . for the Memoriums at the awards shows this season!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: They're going to need an hour . . .

No doubt!  

I just got my Entertainment Weekly the other day and there were a HUGE number of memorial pieces for the year and that doesn't even include the last couple of untimely deaths.   Zsa Zsa was 99, so she probably lived longer than many thought she would, but still.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and lots and lots of Kleenex tissues.

So sad.

Respected Contributor

And SO MANY of them were way to young to die.  It's really been a sad year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Always hear the phrase "were way to young to die", at what age is it appropiate?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Always hear the phrase "were way to young to die", at what age is it appropiate?

Well.... Zha Zha was 99, so I guess that was appropriate.  Carrie Fisher at 60 is definitely "too young."

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

All of them won't be mentioned.  Some will be left out, as in other years, and people here and elsewhere will complain about it.

As far as what is too young or too old...the bible says we get three score and ten.  Carrie was cheated, and Zsa Zsa got some belonging to others.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I'll need plenty of tissues.  We must also remember that even though they are no longer with us, their work  lives on and we're all very fortunate that it does.  Generation after generation will see and hear their work.  I'll never forget when DS first saw the movie Casablanca and My Gal Friday, two of my many favorites, he was in college when he first saw them about 10 years ago and he asked me if I had ever seen them!!!  A couple of years ago he bought me the set of The Thin Man series, I love Nick & Nora Charles and their little dog Asta!!!! 

Honored Contributor

esme wrote:

I edited this post------hn

"As far as what is too young or too old...the bible says we get three score and ten.  Carrie was cheated, and Zsa Zsa got some belonging to others."

@esmerelda

In my view on life, nobody gets "cheated", and nobody gets time "belonging to others"

Every human gets what is their destiny. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think I'll skip the awards show coming up.