Super Contributor

Seriously?  Of course it is relevant people are handling items you paid for and are on your property without identification.

Valued Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

Seriously?  Of course it is relevant people are handling items you paid for and are on your property without identification.

Absolutely!  I'm on the west coast, and haven't encountered it yet, but this would definitely concern me if it happened.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

I buy quite a bit from Amazon, and they sometimes use LaserShip.  I've had no problem with tracking my shipments (in fact, they seem more precise than USPS, for example).  My biggest gripe is that they never ring the bell to let you know your package has arrived.  Fortunately, I get text alerts from Amazon.  But I've never had a problem with a damaged package from LaserShip.

Honored Contributor

I think UPS is trying some contract delivery.  I had 3 deliveries in one day but didn't see who brought them to the door.  Somebody posted they were hiring individuals to use their own cars in the Seattle aarea.  Who knows?  Maybe LazerShip is a drone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Seriously?  They are a delivery company.  They deliver your packages.  How they are dressed or what they are driving is irrelevant.

As shipping costs continue to rise, retailers will utilize additional services that save them money.  QVC is not alone.

As long as you receive your packages, does it really matter who delivers them?

I swear some people will ot be satisfied unless Daviid Venable personally delivers every packages, cooks them a meal while opening and inspecting the contents, and then does a Happy Dance too entertain them. 

Sign me up.  I'd love to see that!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@MadameQueen wrote:

You bet it's relavent! Postal workers, UPS, FEDEX are all screened via background checks and fingerprints. These unknown people, in unmarked cars& vans, wearing their own clothes......come to my front door, know my name & address and where I've shopped from! 

Pin this day and age...it is VERY relavent!

Honored Contributor

ups announced today that their rates are going up.....maybe that is why qvc is beginning to use a different delivery service for some deliveries?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

To become a partner with Lasership, you will need:
- To be 21 years old or older.
- A driver's license (no CDL required), proper personal and vehicle documentation.
- A cargo van or minivan (preferably white).
- Pass a background test and drug test.
- Liability Insurance coverage of 100/300/50 (Full not required).

This opportunity is commission based, and commissions are paid weekly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I imagine they're doing this to cut corners since they went with the $3 shipping for so many items.  They aren't alone; I order supplies for our office and Staples has gone to contract shipping as well.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor
Yes, it matters to me what carrier delivers my packages. In my neck of the woods LazerShip delivers to my management office which is on the other side of a very busy and dangerous street. Why should I spend gasoline money to drive there to pick up a package when I'm already paying to have the package delivered to my door. UPS may be more expensive but they are by far a superior carrier, employees wear uniforms, and have never encountered a driver that was not courteous. I do not do business with companies who use Fedex. If Q decides to box out UPS they will be losing my business. IMO Q could take a lesson from HSN in the shipping department.