Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue, thanks for the explanation!

Esteemed Contributor

Recently my daughter purchased two pairs of pants at Fry's Market for me because she thought I would like them.  I did like them but they didn't fit so we went back to return them.  This was about 2 weeks ago and we were told they were not taking refunds at that time.  I had a chat with the employee regarding why they were not taking refunds and this is what he told me;  Clothing was not returnable because people tried them on, had them in their homes and because of the virus they were considered to be unsafe.

Now I took that explanation with a grain of salt, thinking about it, it does make sense, however is it legal?  I don't know. The cost was $26 per but they were on sale for $14 each.  He did use the words "at this time" so we will give it another shot.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  I've had that happen over time with pet food, coffee, a home item and once (maybe twice) with a book from amazon. 

What I remember most is the thing amazon wanted back.  I'd ordered a glass lid for a cast iron skillet.  When it arrived it rattled...a lot.  I cut a small slit and saw tiny bits of glass.  The thing was shattered!  They wanted THAT back.  Maybe it was sold by one of the sellers on amazon and that made it different.  I don't know.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

After waiting 5 weeks for the order from Justice to arrive its wrong🤷‍♀️

DIL contacted cs and told them about wrong pieces. Told them to donate and the correct sizes will be sent.

Guess they don't want stuff back during this time!

Honored Contributor

I think that a lot has to do with the C Virus.

Possible contamination, etc.

A possible hazard for the employees who might have to handle the returned merchandise, etc.

Better to play it safe at this time.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Wayfair has also done that with two of my returns.  Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I think that a lot has to do with the C Virus.

Possible contamination, etc.

A possible hazard for the employees who might have to handle the returned merchandise, etc.

Better to play it safe at this time.

And no doubt some are taking full advantage of it,.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Walmart has been doing this for quite some time, it caps the 'bleed' on returns.