Trusted Contributor

I needed to return something ordered online to my local Kohl's for a refund, looked up the store hours just to make sure what time they opened. 

They now open from 9:00a - 9:00p, the time used to vary between 10:00a - 11:00a to open due to covid.  The salesperson said the new time became effective about 2 weeks ago.  This is good to know as I like to do my shopping early and get it done with.  Hope other stores will follow suit with early store hours going forward.

Honored Contributor

Like you, I like to shop early. The Dillards stores in our area don't open till 11:00 AM. They close at 8:00 PM. There is zero chance of me shopping at night. I wish they opened at 10:00 like they used to.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

That's great to know, thanks @SoCal Bred .

Honored Contributor

In my NJ area they open 9-9 except Sunday, 9-8.

Respected Contributor

I too am an early bird!  I wish stores would open at 7:00 AM!🤣🤣

Love having stores all to myself, before the crowds set in.  So much easier to shop and get out the door quickly.

The Kohls nearest to me opens at 9:00 now too.  That suits me just fine.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Our Kohls in Arizona has been opening at 9:00 for quite a while now. I know at least before Christmas. I agree with the person who commented about Dillards. I rarely go there now since they don't open until 11:00 and noon on Sundays. I won't shop at night either. Who wants to wait and shop at Dillards in the summer when it's already between 100-110 degrees by the time they open? 

Respected Contributor

I like shopping early also so 9 AM works better for me ... Sam's Club in my area opens at 8 AM for plus membership customers so I can go there first and Kohl's at 9 without the usual wait in the car until 10...

Respected Contributor

My nearby Kohl's is open from 9 AM to 9 PM.  I like the hours.  

Respected Contributor

I was at Kohls in Charlotte NC about two weeks ago for a return.  Staff mentioned that they went back to opening at 9am due to "customer requests" 

Respected Contributor

Re: Kohl's New Store Hours

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

Like you, I like to shop early. The Dillards stores in our area don't open till 11:00 AM. They close at 8:00 PM. There is zero chance of me shopping at night. I wish they opened at 10:00 like they used to.

I have not been to Dillard's in the morning, so I did not notice the hours had been changed. That is good to know. I worked in retail. The 10:00-11:00 hour is very slow in the number of sales made. We used that time primarily to restock and straighten shelves.

Retailers are having to battle online sales and a shortage of staff. The surprise was Kohl's. They must be trying a new model as a source of online returns opportunities. I suppose their hope is attracting customers to the store for returns who might purchase while they are there. They will clearly need multiple  shifts of employees.