Honored Contributor

Re: Kissing After Many Years Together

Some married couples are fine with living together as roommates/companions.

Honored Contributor

After over 30 years my SO and I still do but not as much as the early years!  

Trusted Contributor

I'm divorced now (almost 4 years now) but honestly, we had an awesome intimate life, which included very hot kissing.  He would even passionately kiss me several times a week (and that were the times we were not intimate).  I was 50 at the time.

If we were still married, we would still have all of the sparks like we had during dating.  We are both passionate people.  I'm 54 now and the passion hasn't died.  It probably never will.  And I'm quite happy about that Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A kiss and a peck, and a hug around the neck. I use to hear that growing up. A host on one of the shows says this too. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like everybody had fun with that posting!  What's next?

(wink)

Respected Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Yes, who's to say they are not perfectly content and happy?  Just because it wouldn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't for other people. She gave an honest answer to a question that doesn't have a right or wrong answer. 

We don't make out on the couch like we did when we were dating but it's still part of our repertoire. We've been married 2 years. 

At two years into our marriage, we were still on our honeymoon.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Some married couples are fine with living together as roommates/companions.

I guess that would work if both of you have the same expectations. Considering the divorce rate, it seems compatibility is not a given. People have different needs and when they are at odds with your spouse, that could be a game-changer. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really think nature has a LOT to do with Passion.Since God made us, If we were still able to have babies at age 50 or 60 then I think we would still have that passion in our blood, but since us humans (not animals) are not able to concieve at that age, and that is a very good thing  imo.............who needs passion?  ....................real love,a sweet  kiss ,a special hug, is what really matters  <3

Passion is not everything, it is a sexual thing,the worst offenders can have passion!......imo

Esteemed Contributor

Depends on the couple. All relationships are unique. I don't need romantic kisses to know my husband loves and cares for me.  If I do encourage him, he gets frisky.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Yes.  And it still leads to what it has always started.  I don't think there's ever been a time, that a kiss like that didn't.

It's diffferent now though, we don't have to turn the TV up loud in the living room, run an empty dishwasher and let the dog bark her head off in the back yard....so no one hears us.Woman LOL