Honored Contributor

Re: King Charles the Spitting Image of a Female Relative?

@Jasmine19 wrote:

Yes they do look very much alike including those rather small, close set eyes. It would be fun to see comparison photos when they were both younger.

The below photo is her at 15 and not sure of the age of the King but it is a young man.

Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine.pngPrince Charles in 1970

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I know I'm in the minority but I always thought all of the queen's children resembled her, or at least her side of the family.  Price Philip; not so much, if at all.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes...I think they look similar...

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I know I'm in the minority but I always thought all of the queen's children resembled her, or at least her side of the family.  Price Philip; not so much, if at all.

I felt the same way and I think it was due a great deal to all of Queen Victoria's children's children marrying each other.  I love my cousins but mercy I cannot imagine kissing any of them.  uggggggggggg

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Some people are saying that King Charles is the spitting image of a female relative born 150 years ago, Princess Victoria.

Hmm, I wouldn't say spitting image, but there is a very strong resemblance between the facial features of King Charles and Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (yes, you read that puzzling moniker correctly).  

Princess Victoria was Prince Philip's grandmother.

I see similarities in the nose, chin, eyes and earlobe.

Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (1863 - 1950), later Victoria  Mountbatten, Marchioness of … | Queen victoria family, Prince philip  mother, Princess victoria

The eyes and area around them are incredibly alike. The nose is similar and so are the checks. 

Honored Contributor

Both are unattractive 

Honored Contributor

beckyb1012, thank you for searching for and finding that photo of the young Princess Victoria.  One can actually see the resemblance more clearly between the two figures when looking at the young Victoria.

Honored Contributor

Who is the tall dark hair women on left,and the two men on the right?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@golding76  Lol!!  yes, they look very similar!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

In the back row of this photograph are: (left to right) Patricia Mountbatten, the Lady Brabourne, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, HM King George VI, the Hon David Bowes-Lyon (his maternal great-uncle), HG Alexander Cambridge, Earl of Athlone, brother of Queen Mary, who stood proxy for King Haakon VII of Norway. In the front: (left to right) Victoria Mountbatten, the Dowager Marchioness of Milford Haven (his paternal great-grandmother), who was born HGDH Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine, the eldest daughter of Grand Duke Ludwig IV of Hesse and by Rhine and his wife Princess Alice of the United Kingdom (second daughter of Queen Victoria), HRH Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh (holding Prince Charles) Queen Mary, Princess Margaret.