Honored Contributor

King Charles’ One-Time Crush

[ Edited ]

It seems the King had a huge crush on Barbra Streisand when he was young. He kept a framed photo of her, and saw Funny Girl three times. He listened to the soundtrack a lot.

He once wrote in his journal that she was "devastatingly attractive with a great deal of s-x appeal."

He requested to meet her on the set of Funny Lady in 1975. They briefly chatted, but he wanted to stay and get to know her more. She wanted to get back to work. 

Later she visited Highgrove House for a fundraiser. Elton John said he was surprised to see her there. Neither Diana nor Camilla attended.

Years later in 1994 Barbra sang "Someday My Prince Will Come" to him at a gala.

Barbra  said last year if she had "played her cards right" she could have been the first Jewish princess of England! 

Just look at the way he's looking at her! The picture is from 1994.  

333147A9-F582-4032-B4EA-2CF5E4C37CB4.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Re: King Charles’ One-Time Crush

He's even blushing!

Esteemed Contributor

Always loved Barbra since her early appearances.  To me she is an American Jewish Prince.  Such talent and like Frank, she did it her way

Honored Contributor

Charles has interesting choices in women.... Barbara is a fierce talent.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

It seems the King had a huge crush on Barbra Streisand when he was young. He kept a framed photo of her, and saw Funny Girl three times. He listened to the soundtrack a lot.

He once wrote in his journal that she was "devastatingly attractive with a great deal of s-x appeal."

He requested to meet her on the set of Funny Lady in 1975. They briefly chatted, but he wanted to stay and get to know her more. She wanted to get back to work. 

Later she visited Highgrove House for a fundraiser. Elton John said he was surprised to see her there. Neither Diana nor Camilla attended.

Years later in 1994 Barbra sang "Someday My Prince Will Come" to him at a gala.

Barbra  said last year if she had "played her cards right" she could have been the first Jewish princess of England! 

Just look at the way he's looking at her! The picture is from 1994.  

333147A9-F582-4032-B4EA-2CF5E4C37CB4.jpeg

@beach-mom 

At the time of that original story, I believe she said "I would have been the first JAP (Jewish American princess)."