Respected Contributor

Dear WaJa, thank you for the hearts. And the love. Am praying for Eddie and his GS and for the wedding, and the marriage. We got a text message from GD that they are having a BBQ tomorrow for my son and we were invited. It's a very hard day for DD and me, so we said we wouldn't be there, but now we realize we can't be the only ones absent, so we will go. But after church we will eat something so we arrive a bit late. I do want to hear from my DDIL what happened this week at the doctor's and how she is doing. And if GS's new GF is there, I want to get to know her a bit better. There's a part of me that wants to skip tomorrow altogether, but that can't happen. I know you are very busy and am thankful you make the effort to post here for our sakes. I don't have as many problems as you, but I think it's because I'm posting on my lap top. If I disappear someday, it will be because I couldn't figure out how to sign in. But you will stay in my heart until we see each other in our Father's house.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi Bobbisue, hope you had a good time with your friend. That's so important. Glad you found this thread. I think it belongs on Among Friends, but have no control over that. In the meantime, we can meet here, and you remain in my heart and prayers.

snappy Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi all: (especially Snappy)

God be praised; I was finally able to sign on.  No telling what will happen next time with my luck.

So I suppose you, like me are not at all happy with the changes here; I really think it will not only limit the number of individuals who post here but also affect Q's overall business.  I, for one, am not a happy camper with the Q's new return policy so will definitely not be ordering as much, most of which wasn't absolutely necessary for my lifestyle.  People complained so much about the shipping rates so I suppose these changes were made for their benefit; after all the company loses most on returns but now returns become the problem with many of the folks who complained about shipping costs.  

All those expensive handbags; wow; I've never even spent $100.00 for one much less $300. or $400.  One thing sure, people must be maxing out their credit cards or the country is not in the financial mess we think!

(which I doubt)

Hope all is well with all you ladies, God is good no matter the burden each of us could silently be carrying.

Snappy, prayers on the way for your DIL; I also remember that Joy's DIL has physical problems as well; may God lead all of our hurting relatives and friends to just the right physican.  Sometimes it takes a long, long time to find one but with my long history of a certain otherwise fatal malady there  usually seems to be some relief somewhere but it often takes a lot of research.  Acupuncture for me, along with meds have been life saving in my case but many who do have the opportunity of acupuncture in this area (many of them) refuse to take advantage of it, at least to give it a try; I heard a Catholic leader say it is inspired by satan.  Maybe it was developed and administered by unbelievers but isn't a Christian physician hard to find anywhere?  These people don't put demons into us by inserting needles and certainly don't put any spell on us; it's just a very quiet and relaxing experience. Also chiropractic was mentioned by this lady as being demonic; on the R.C. TV network.

Living in the Northern Metropolitan area of D.C. is a real benefit since we have the National Instutute of Health within comfortable  driving distance.  A few acquaintances have checked in there for help and research.  Have a dear friend with M.S. who goes there regularly for the latest medical research.  Can't say she is much better but she likes the fact that by participating in their program for research she is helping others.  (by the way they always administer acupuncture to those who they think need it as well as all the Veteran's hospitals, Johns Hopkins and the local hospitals are nusring homes are catching up.  Talk to an older Dr. about it and they will laugh at you but not the younger ones who are open to new treatments to help their patients.

My family still has problems but I usually don't get into them except by email.  Never had a problem posting there with all the security available.

For those praying for my friend Kathryn's hubby to find employment he has at last found a good job and with the FBI!  I don't believe he has started yet but the prospect has taken a load off K's shoulders. with the bills piling.  I know she joins me in thanking you all for your prayers.  She is a dear Christian, of the reformed faith.  When a person regularly lifts up Christ as their sole means of salvation and worship she/he is my friend., in this case a sister.

PTL for Bobbi's healing and now onward to a lazar surgery to fix those eyes!  Just think of all the help available today that weren't there even 15 to 20 years ago!  My Dad and Uncle could have lived a good 10 or 15 years more if the new heart healing methods had been available in their day.  Heart is the great killder on my side of the family of at least 50 members.  Since many cousins were older than I am, we have a pretty accurate history to report on.

Have good day sisters; Now that I am apparently able to check in I will try to come here more often.

Much love to all,  HiLo

Respected Contributor

Dear Hilo, I see your nic has changed a bit. SO happy to see you and glad you can now sign in. I'm sure the Q has had lots of feedback, but they must have known that would happen and that changes would need to be made. My only concern is that we will lose some of the dearest of our friends here. I've not had any trouble myself. I use my lap top. Some people who use hand held devices seem to have more trouble. I know that everyone except me is in touch via email, but DD warns me not to do that, so I listen to her. This thread is really important to me, so I hope something can be done to save it. I'm trying to be more discriminating about what I buy. I almost ordered another top a while ago, but added up the tax and S&H and didn't. Today I wore a SG skirt and top to church and to my GS's house. Was comfy.

DD#2 and I weren't going to go to the family get together, but yesterday we realized that we needed to be there. On the way home from church we bought burgers and had them here, then we went to the family BBQ, but didn't eat. It was good to see everyone. My DDIL has been cleared by the therapist to have the trial spinal chord stimulator afixed. Is waiting for a call from the pain doctor. If that works, they can surgically implant one. If it doesn't, well, she's no worse off than now. We talked a bit about acupunture. My GYN told me once that if the pain in my back gets worse, I should consider it. He is a younger man.

It's so dry here. As we drove today, we saw dry median, lawns, etc. It's that way in our neighborhood also. I want so much to save the apricot tree if nothing else. It has stopped producing fruit, but is pretty, and gives us privacy from people over the back fence, and hubby planted it long ago.

So grateful for the job your friend Kathryn's hubby has now with the FBI. Hope it turns out to be all he hopes and what they need.

Now that you have been successful signing in, I hope you come back. I miss everyone so much, but they have their own lives, and other means of keeping in touch, and I am the one who chooses not to do that.

Blessings on your and all our kindred sisters here.

snappy Heart

Super Contributor

How nice! Smiley Happy