New Contributor
K-cups are not recyclable. Get real and use a coffee maker that doesnt come in plastic cups.
Super Contributor

You can purchase an insert filter cup for about $10 that enables you to use your own coffee in the Keurig. It tastes the same. I'm a big recycle'r and found this to work.

Trusted Contributor

There are some cups that are recyclable - for instance, Melitta cups are 100% recyclable. You just have to check.

Honored Contributor

Each of us has to choose our own ways to protect the environment - and it's the rare person who chooses every single possibility.

I will not give up my K-cups - but I've done many things over the years to do things for the environment. That includes huge things such as not having children and adding to the population and little things such as buying used cars and driving them over the 100,000 mile marker, and even littler things such as recycling paper products, bottles, etc. even when I see my much younger neighbors who have to live in this environment long after me driving humongous SUV's and tossing their wine and soda bottles into the regular garbage.

No, I won't be giving up my K-cups. It's not a bad idea for those who want to do it, but I'll be finding other ways both big and small. There are many.

Honored Contributor

LOL the Forum Environmental Monitor.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I drink one cup of coffee a day in my Keurig mini. I think I'll stick with it, thank you.

Respected Contributor

Write the companies that make the darned cups to begin with. Several have swapped over to a recyclable pod. I use a re-usable pod with my own coffee due to taste and cost. I think waste of any kind is an issue, so making a whole pot for me is an issue. I use the grinds in the compost and flower pots. They are great for that and for making a skin scrub.

Honored Contributor
On 3/29/2015 millieshops said:

Each of us has to choose our own ways to protect the environment - and it's the rare person who chooses every single possibility.

I will not give up my K-cups - but I've done many things over the years to do things for the environment. That includes huge things such as not having children and adding to the population and little things such as buying used cars and driving them over the 100,000 mile marker, and even littler things such as recycling paper products, bottles, etc. even when I see my much younger neighbors who have to live in this environment long after me driving humongous SUV's and tossing their wine and soda bottles into the regular garbage.

No, I won't be giving up my K-cups. It's not a bad idea for those who want to do it, but I'll be finding other ways both big and small. There are many.

Nicely stated.