Honored Contributor

Re: Kendy Kloepfer is leaving ShopHQ

I love Charla, but agree she is an aquired taste. She was most likely brought back because they are desperate for more hosts. 

Respected Contributor

I always thought Charla was a hoot! Especially on the Galerie De Bijoux shows. I think she owned almost everything Sonia B brought to ShopHQSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

News to me.  I only watch ShopHQ when they have gold on.  So that's about once a month.  I vaguely remember her from ShopNBC days.  I don't like her.  She has a very harsh voice.  Everyone else is new to me.  They are pretty young. They aren't like Kendy, jumping from shopping network to another.  I miss Lynn.  But that's it.  I shop for the gold, not the host.  So I'll be watching the gold shows.  Maybe it's a sign of the decline in shopping networks.  QVC isn't doing that great either.  But they sill have most of old stand by hosts. I never watched HSN.   I don't see ShopHQ very long in the future.  They might as well throw in the towel.  I will miss the gold if they go.  Charla I like, but the's ancient.  She must be past 70.  But she still has charm. Must have been a desperate move on ShopHQ's part. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

Today is her ;ast day at HQ. This is what she wrote on her FB page. 

"Today was my last day at ShopHQ. I have absolutely Loved being your host for the past 29 years at ShopHQ and am beyond honored so many of you have shopped with me for so long. You are the best customers and friends in the world, and I am looking forward to many exciting adventures together in the future!!!"

@BdBettyB 

I recently heard a story on NPR radio about our former QVC host TJ.

He felt the money wasn't what he thought it would be and was thinking he'd like to work for Skechers, a vendor on QVC.

Unbeknownst to TJ, at the time of his hiring  he signed an NCA ....  a non-compete agreement, agreeing he would not work for any QVC vendor for at least a year after leaving the Q.

TJ didn't realize he had that restriction in his contract, so now he left a host job and the one he was going to take isn't something he can accept.  Woman Surprised

I just said all this because Kendy might also have a waiting period before she can work for certain vendors.  

SHophq is becoming the expensive jewelry channel.  Everytime I turned to it roday it was jewelry with 1000.00 and up pricing.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 

I always think of it as The Invicta Channel.  

Honored Contributor

This happened to a popular local news presenter in my area.  The news broke that she jumped to another rival news channel.  It said that she could not actually take the job for one year after she left.  And sure enough, after a year she was on the other network.  I'm wondering if this is standard at least for local TV networks.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

This happened to a popular local news presenter in my area.  The news broke that she jumped to another rival news channel.  It said that she could not actually take the job for one year after she left.  And sure enough, after a year she was on the other network.  I'm wondering if this is standard at least for local TV networks.  

@songbird 

It's probably a standard non-compete clause in an employment contract, and I bet many industries use the same basic terms.  

Honored Contributor

Charla is now 65, she says it all the time. 

Trusted Contributor

Kendy may have another job lined up? She posted on her FB she's selling her home in MN. 

Trusted Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Kendy may have another job lined up? She posted on her FB she's selling her home in MN. 

I would imagine that losing a good income affects her ability to maintain such a large house. 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director