Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kelly Rutherford's Custody Battle

I just wanted to add that it's not only that Kelly has been vindictive and awful.  Her ex seems to be an excellent parent, and the children are very attached to him.  The court found nothing that he ever did to poison them against Kelly, although Kelly has done some pretty despicable things to discredit him in the eyes of their children.  And to remove him from their lives.  This is not opinon.  It's fact.

So her plans, tricks, lies, and non-compliance just make him look better.  But he really does seem to be a really good, caring, and loving parent who has gone out of his way to include Kelly in the lives of their children (even though he has every reason to despise her.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It is highly unusual for the mother not to have the children and like some of you ladies mentioned, she brought this on herself.  She is selfish that she would place her children inbetween.  The only ones suffering are the children and I have no sympathy for her.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

She is apparently starring in her own real life soap opera.  

Respected Contributor

She needs a psych evaluation, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

i wonder why she doesnt pick up and move to monaco......at least part time?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought  a mom should have her kids in the US. After reading more, I see why the judges ruled the way they did. She lied to get her ex's visa revoked.  Even if someone is "suspected" to have done something illegal, (not proven) they get their visa revoked and deported. KR also didn't put the ex's name on her daughters birth certificate. When you are divorced, you need to encourage relationships/visits between parent-child. (unless abusive etc.) This custody battle has been going on before her youngest child was born. (son-age 8, daughter-age 6).  She had 50/50custody. She got them during this summer and didn't return the children back to their father in Monaco.  The ex even wanted to buy a house there for KR to visit. He has gone the extra mile. With this latest issue Kelly may now only get supervised visits with her children, in Monaco. Sad. She had bad legal counsel.

Contributor

NYC Susan  -  You have said many cruel things about Kelly Rutherford, as if you know her personally and have a grudge against her. Perhaps you are somehow associated with her ex's law firm? Otherwise I don't understand how you could speak so heartlessly about a mother, who may have made some mistakes, but loves her children and deserves joint custody.

Honored Contributor

After being privy to a situation lke this that involved an old friend, I have ALWAYS thought that the rights/welfare of the children is the most important part of the deal.

No one will benefit from this situation and the kids WILL suffer, and WILL remember.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read how any of this happened where the kids ended up with him to begin with.  But she isn't doing herself any favors by disobeying a judge.  I'm starting to lose the sympathy I once had for her situation.

Honored Contributor

Judge Judy has it right:  You have to love your kids more than you hate your ex.  You picked each other and made kids and now you need to get along for the next 18-25 years in the best way possible.  

As a kid of a war of the roses divorce, it's nice to see that the courts domestically and internationally really have come a long way in upholding the interests of the kids over the antics of any particular parent and not just defaulting custody to the female one. Dads love their kids and want to participate too and no one, least of all the other parent, should ever be allowed to interfere with that.