Honored Contributor

Re: Kelly Rutherford's Custody Battle

Got it ladies.  Thanks for the update.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

If you read the court documents, you'll see why the court ruled as it did.  Kelly is on a PR campaign in which she claims not to know why all of this has happened, but the truth is that she does know because it's clearly spelled out and was certainly explained to her by her attorney.  She's the one who made sure her ex could no longer live in the US, a plan that clearly backfired.  And he has shown genuine interest in effectively co-parenting with her, while she continually discredits him, uses her children against him, etc, etc.

She could end all of this, but she's choosing not to because her hatred for her ex is clearly stronger than her love for her children.  I'm not saying she doesn't love them and this is certainly a sad situation.  But it's not at all the way she's representing it when she goes on TV and speaks to the press.

I knew some of the details awhile ago, but I read the court documents last night, and the ruling, IMO, is very fair.  It's all pretty fascinating.

If all of what you say is true, then this is sadder than we knew.  But I'm surprised that none of the media is aware of the court documents.

What I say is true.  It's all in the court documents, easily available online.  And the media is aware.

Not only did she do everything possible to keep her children from their father, but she goes on TV and completely lies about the entire situation, portraying herself as an innocent victim and leaving out crucial details.

Her history prior to this was a little shady too, especially re the way she treated her first husband.

The current situation is very clearly spelled out in court documents, so it has far more weight than simple gossip.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It really makes you question the main stream media though as they keep propping her up as the victim in this.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Got it ladies.  Thanks for the update.

Sorry - I just saw this, after I wrote my most recent reply.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedHead handbag queen wrote:

It really makes you question the main stream media though as the keep propping her up as the victim in this.

Not from what I've seen.  The only one I see portraying Kelly as a victim is Kelly herself.  I think the media has been very balanced, and more critical of her as time goes by.  They bought into her story at first, but then details and the truth started to come out.  The last few reports I've seen have been much more negative about her.

Respected Contributor

She has had very bad legal advice.  Her husband has custody because of her antics.

The children are now bilingual and immersed in their new culture.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@muttmom wrote:

She has had very bad legal advice.  Her husband has custody because of her antics.

The children are now bilingual and immersed in their new culture.

Bad legal advice, maybe.  But she also hasn't been compliant, so that's on her.  And she's not a very nice person, so it goes beyond the legal aspect.

The children, btw, were always bilingual, which is something she wanted.  That's in the court documents.  Her husband doesn't have sole custody.  It's complicated, but it's all clearly spelled out in the documents too.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw her on the MK show last night with her attorney. Something is wrong with this whole picture. When they are American Citizens Only, her attorney said nobody can be forced to leave their country of origin, that it is against the Constitution.

Divorce is always bad for children, some worse than others. This case needs to go up the ladder of Courts at an expedited speed, in my opinion. Smells like something not right in this NY Judge's decision to me.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I saw her on the MK show last night with her attorney. Something is wrong with this whole picture. When they are American Citizens Only, her attorney said nobody can be forced to leave their country of origin, that it is against the Constitution.

Divorce is always bad for children, some worse than others. This case needs to go up the ladder of Courts at an expedited speed, in my opinion. Smells like something not right in this NY Judge's decision to me.

The case has been before the courts over & over again.  There's a reason why they've all ruled the way they have.  It's all explained in the court documents.  It comes down to the best way for these children to have both parents in their lives.

She & her attorney are on a PR campaign, and are clearly not telling the whole story.  She is intent on discrediting her ex, has no interest in co-parenting with him, and has shown time & time again that the best interests of the children are not a priority for her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

This judge did the absolute right thing. If it weren't for Kellys antics she would have likely had sole custod and he would have had visitation but she defied nearly every single court order which almost all of them were standard requests. This is not against the constitution and 100% all of her fault. After reading through all the documents I think the judge should not even let the kids around her. She is nuts and everything she has done has HURT her kids not helped them at all. She is a very vindictive woman and thankfully the court has seen through this and put the kids with the parent who put the childrens interest above thier own petty hatred.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK