Trusted Contributor

Kelly Rutherford's Custody Battle

I think  it was so sad that  she had to return the two children to the Father in Monoco. They are American citizens and should be with their Mother here.  The Father is not even a citizen of Monoco.  I feel bad for the children that they are being used like pawns between the two parents.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kelly Rutherford's Custody Battle

If you read the court documents, you'll see why the court ruled as it did.  Kelly is on a PR campaign in which she claims not to know why all of this has happened, but the truth is that she does know because it's clearly spelled out and was certainly explained to her by her attorney.  She's the one who made sure her ex could no longer live in the US, a plan that clearly backfired.  And he has shown genuine interest in effectively co-parenting with her, while she continually discredits him, uses her children against him, etc, etc.

She could end all of this, but she's choosing not to because her hatred for her ex is clearly stronger than her love for her children.  I'm not saying she doesn't love them and this is certainly a sad situation.  But it's not at all the way she's representing it when she goes on TV and speaks to the press.

I knew some of the details awhile ago, but I read the court documents last night, and the ruling, IMO, is very fair.  It's all pretty fascinating.

Honored Contributor

Yes, this is a very, very sad story.  Through no fault of her own, she probably will never have any custody.  I hope the Morocan (?) government at least allows her to see them again.  What kind of man would do this to his children?  It seems the American government let this family down and now they're saying their hands are tied.  Children grow so fast so they need their mother now not later.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I felt sorry for Kelly until I read more about it. She brought this all on herself. Even the judge said that she was the one who refused to facilitate a relationship with their father. She was the one that made him lose his visa to the US thinking that would end his rights. She was then told to put his name on the daughters birth certificate after she was born and refused to do so even after being asked to twice by the judge. She refused to take psych test that both parents were ordered to take by the judge. He has followed every order given to him by the judge including buying her 6 round trip tickets per year and a place for her to stay while visiting them. I think what Kelly has done to her children will be something she deeply regrets when they are grown. She needs to stop now.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Rutherford put her hatred of her ex before her children's well being, no sympathy here imo.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Yes, this is a very, very sad story.  Through no fault of her own, she probably will never have any custody.  I hope the Morocan (?) government at least allows her to see them again.  What kind of man would do this to his children?  It seems the American government let this family down and now they're saying their hands are tied.  Children grow so fast so they need their mother now not later.

Actually it is entirely her fault that she is in this position. What kind of mother would try to get their fathers visa revoked? She has ignored or defied every order the court and judge gave her in the beginning and she would likely have majority custody if she had listened and not treated the court proceedings as if she were in charge, not the judge.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

If you read the court documents, you'll see why the court ruled as it did.  Kelly is on a PR campaign in which she claims not to know why all of this has happened, but the truth is that she does know because it's clearly spelled out and was certainly explained to her by her attorney.  She's the one who made sure her ex could no longer live in the US, a plan that clearly backfired.  And he has shown genuine interest in effectively co-parenting with her, while she continually discredits him, uses her children against him, etc, etc.

She could end all of this, but she's choosing not to because her hatred for her ex is clearly stronger than her love for her children.  I'm not saying she doesn't love them and this is certainly a sad situation.  But it's not at all the way she's representing it when she goes on TV and speaks to the press.

I knew some of the details awhile ago, but I read the court documents last night, and the ruling, IMO, is very fair.  It's all pretty fascinating.

If all of what you say is true, then this is sadder than we knew.  But I'm surprised that none of the media is aware of the court documents.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Please read the court documents and what the NY and California Judges had/have to say.  It's VERY interesting.  Ms. Rutherford brought this all upon herself.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

She actually is responsible for a lot of this.  Her ex is only not allowed in this country because she had her attorney file a false report against him.  There's a lot more behind this story than she wants people to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

If all of what you say is true, then this is sadder than we knew.  But I'm surprised that none of the media is aware of the court documents.

The media is aware. That is where I first read about it. TMZ is one of the places I read that she was the one responsible for getting his visa revoked. She did that thinking that he would then not be able to see the children. Then the judge ordered 50/50 custody seeing all the dirty tricks she played.  Her husband still followed the rules of the court and she continued to not follow them up to the fiasco she pulled this past week.

JFK