Honored Contributor

Flicking channels -- I have no need for a guitar but so fun watching him this weekend! I have been to several of his concerts & just love his music ..

Shannon is a hoot with him!!! She's always so over the top!  Nice guy both on stage & nice to all the callers!

Respected Contributor

Watching the presentations with Callie and Shannon it almost made me buy the guitar!

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf

me too!!! Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a big fan of Urban's music, but his guitars are the most beautiful I have ever seen sold on TV.  I've been tempted to buy one a few times because of the looks.  The prices are extremely reasonable too and what would seem reasonale for someone of my playing level. One thing Keith said during a presentation tonight which was good information for me to know about his guitars is that he asked his manufacturer to place the strings closer to the frets so that playing is more comfortable for people with smaller hands.   

I agree that during presentations his calm low key demeanor is pleasant to listen to. He seems to be very affable with the hosts (regardless of whom he is paired with) and the callers.  

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

Watching the presentations with Callie and Shannon it almost made me buy the guitar!

@sueinsf

I did buy one and know it will improve my guitar playing, which is pretty minimal right now. Even bought his stand to keep it handy. Looking forward to getting it.

He sold me on the smaller neck for those of use with short fingers, which will make playing the cords correctly much easier than my present guitar.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf

I did buy one and know it will improve my guitar playing, which is pretty minimal right now. Even bought his stand to keep it handy. Looking forward to getting it.

He sold me on the smaller neck for those of use with short fingers, which will make playing the cords correctly much easier than my present guitar.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut John -- I thought that was a selling point too (along with the price) and if I got it, I would have gotten the stand too. But I decided not to.  Not sure if I would play it but I hope you enjoy it!

Esteemed Contributor

Keith Urban is my very favorite country music artist.  He sure can play that guitar, have been following him for years.  I don't have any desire to play a guitar, wish Lindsay would be interested, I'd buy one for her in a New York minute. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I came close to buying one too. I just wish it didn't kill my fingers to play and I hate callouses on my finger tips ):

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl, That is the genius of Keith having the strings placed closer to the frets, and as he describes, the softer texture of his strings.  It reduces th discomfort and calluses.  You'll still get them, but not like with the regular strings and placement we are most familar with.  Aside from the beauty of his collection, that feature sparked my interest in having one of his guitars

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Keith Urban is my very favorite country music artist.  He sure can play that guitar, have been following him for years.  I don't have any desire to play a guitar, wish Lindsay would be interested, I'd buy one for her in a New York minute. Woman LOL

Yes he is awesome but he's not using the guitars or amps he sells on HSN either.