Trusted Contributor

Re: Kathy Griffin to Fashion Police?

I sure hope it won't be Kathy Griffin. She's just not funny.

Super Contributor

Yes, she is crude. Not my cup of tea. But Joan Rivers was also crude.
Trusted Contributor

Kathy Griffin seems like the perfect person to take over Fashion Police as she has the same type of vulgar, crude humor as Joan Rivers. From the few times I actually sat through an entire show I really don't remember Joan saying much about fashion -- she was more about slamming the outfit or the person wearing it.
Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 Lucky Charm said:

I think Kathy Griffin = Joan Rivers, both crude, crass, mean spirited humor (?).

So if Fashion Police is slamming people's looks and waistlines, then Kathy would be perfect.

I couldn't agree more.........she a good fit for a Joan Rivers replacement...............raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

Did anyone see the Fashion Police Tribute to Joan Rivers that Melissa recently made? Kelly's favorite word that always gave her the giggles when Joan uttered it was showcased. You know the other word used to describe kitty cats. Yeah, THAT word....Kelly couldn't get enough of it and they showed Joan saying it over and over.

Respected Contributor

For me, Joan often went over the line and I said so here. But she WAS funny. Kathy just goes over the line and ISN"T even funny. She's simply vulgar and insulting and hateful.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/23/2014 scotttie said:

For me, Joan often went over the line and I said so here. But she WAS funny. Kathy just goes over the line and ISN"T even funny. She's simply vulgar and insulting and hateful.

Try watching one of Joan's uncensored standup specials such as "Don't Start With Me". She was every bit as "vulgur, insulting and hateful" as Kathy. People find different thinks to be funny but if we're talking about sheer vulgarity and witchiness I"d say Joan and Kathy are neck and neck.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Kathy Griffin is crude, rude and vulgar. So was Joan Rivers. The difference is over the years Joan Rivers made the best dress list numerous times. She knew a lot about fashion. I did not realize Kathy Griffin was known for her fashion sense.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/23/2014 lulu2 said:

Kathy Griffin is crude, rude and vulgar. So was Joan Rivers. The difference is over the years Joan Rivers made the best dress list numerous times. She knew a lot about fashion. I did not realize Kathy Griffin was known for her fashion sense.

I agree. Joan knew more about fashion than most designers and I have no idea whether Kathy Griffin knows anything about fashion. On the other hand what do Kelly O and Giuliana know about fashion?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 adelle38 said:
On 9/23/2014 scotttie said:

Try watching one of Joan's uncensored standup specials such as "Don't Start With Me". She was every bit as "vulgur, insulting and hateful" as Kathy. People find different thinks to be funny but if we're talking about sheer vulgarity and witchiness I"d say Joan and Kathy are neck and neck.

I don't find Kathy funny was my main point. In addition to her revolting persona she is not even funny. I thought Joan was.