Esteemed Contributor

I 💜 me some karaoke! It's fun to get up on stage and, for a moment, pretend that I'm  the newest up-and-comer.

No, I can't sing in key. I hit only sour notes, but it's still fun!  I still try though.

It doesn't matter that others are just as bad, or worse than me. 

I have my "standards" like  "The Rose" and "Somebody" ( Depeche Mode), but sometimes I'll try something new, like "Memory" from "Cats". Yeah, that was a swing and a miss. I won't be auditioning for Broadway anytime soon!😆

So, have you done karaoke?

Would you do karaoke?

What songs would you do, or what songs did you do?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Not me.........it would ruin my image(!!!)    I have an FM radio speaking voice, but I CROAK LIKE A FROG when I try to sing.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 ..........I love going to karaoke and I only tried it once.  I cant sing a lick.  I sound like a sick alley cat.  I like hearing others sing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I admire your bravery Cat LOL

Many years ago on a business trip, they had Karaoke.  I had never seen/heard it before.  As the evening wore on and people had a few drinks, it was amazing what they would do.

One young woman belted out "Proud Mary" and almost had to be pulled off the stage at the end.    She couldn't sing a note, but did it with gusto including lots of arm movements on the "big wheel keeps on turning" part.

It's not something I could ever imagine doing since I cannot sing.

Esteemed Contributor

If I had the nerve I would sing Stevie Nicks "Dreams" but I could never do it......well maybe if enough wine was flowing, LOL.   I just mess around with my kids as they both are amateur musicians and that's one of songs I sing with them.   My sister and I love Stevie Nicks and we actually both sang "Stand Back" at my nieces wedding, just good fun Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal 

Another extreme Stevie N. fan here.  I love watching the YouTube of "Stand Back" and singing along (in my computer room).

Nothing like a good swirling, twirling, hair-flinging SN's song to get you going!

In my next life, I want to be Stevie.  I even bought a top hat with a veil like she often sports, but I've not had nerve enough to wear it Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I haven't done it nor would I; don't like any attention being drawn toward me.

Good for you though, @Anonymous032819.  But do you need to be a little 'buzzed' first? Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Love karaoke cannot carry a tune but, like you, have my '3 standards' I start with 'I've got friends in low places' then duet with DH 'Blueberry Hill' - he has good voice - then my final terrible rendition of 'Nice day for a white wedding yeah'  over and out!

I know I can't sing but I do like to gave a go and the stage is mine! much to my families regret!

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich 

Love Billy Idol!

Would pay to see you do "Nice Day for a White Wedding," which is a favorite of mine!

The video on YouTube is perfect.

Billy Idol 80s Songs and Albums - SimplyEighties.com

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman   No friend I would have to pay you after you hear me sing! Lol. But... I get to see Billy live in August yeah! maybe duet Nooooooo.