Honored Contributor

I always preferred Kmart to Walmart, even when they diluted their brand by taking up so much floor space for Kenmore appliances, once they threw in with Sears... Kmart would have been better off not merging with Sears...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

We had four KMs here at one time. We have one now and I don't know how long it will be here.

Honored Contributor

Our local KMart closed years ago...I liked Kmart and like you that closing left us with only a Walmart store.  I liked the Martha Stewart brand as well as a few other brands that KMart carried.

Honored Contributor

Our K-Mart closed 2 years ago. I used to go in there at least once a month. It was very close to my house. I bought a lot of basic tees, shorts, and lounge pants in the clothing department. I also bought garden supplies and plants there. I have a Wal-Mart & Target nearby so I have other choices. It is always said to see a retailer close because people lose jobs and customers lose a store they relied on. 

Super Contributor

I used to shop there many years ago, but when Walmart came along, Kmart couldn't compete with their prices.  Most things are cheaper at Walmart. 

Honored Contributor

I think the closest KMart to us is about 15-20 mile away.

It's still not one on the latest list that came out and I have to wonder why.  The last time we were there I think other than the employees, we were about the only 2 people in the store.

Sears is closer to us, we never go there.  That one is staying open too and same thing, you pass by and the parking lot is empty.