Respected Contributor

Re: KING CHARLES' ADDRESS TO THE NATION

I did see the incident and found it a bit odd.

But, he did just lose his mother.  A lot is being asked of him in the circumstance of having just lost his mother.  He must be on little sleep and having to do things because his mother passed away.

I'd cut him a lot of slack with his grief and all the other things swirling around.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@chlema wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

I thought it completely unnecessary to show that outtake clip,  You could see the table was too small for the size of the documents he had to sign which were two.  William and Camilla only needed to sign one.  He was and is under tremendous pressure to undertake duties he is unfamiliar with as well as preparing for the funeral and viewing of the Queen and mourning the death of his mother in an extremely short period of time,  Just exhaustion alone is enough.  So easy to judge since we do not have to deal with the same as he when our mothers passed away.

He has my sincerest sympathy and kindness for what he is now dealing with.

Tremendous pressure?  Please! He's lived in luxury and had everything done for him his whole life. There are people starving and dealing with their own losses. Why does he deserve more sympathy?

@KKJ 

ITA ....   Years ago I read that Charles has a valet that folds his toilet paper for him ... so that he doesn't have to.   Any sympathy I had for his "pressures" went out the window with that revelation.

And of course you believe everything you read.  I'm thinking you have to actually be in the royal bathroom to see how the royal toilet paper are folded, and I doubt you were there lol.

@chlema 

LOL ....  Oh, no, it's very well documented.   Not only is the toilet paper thing documented, but he insists his shoelaces be ironed and someone has to squeeze his toothpaste for him.  And some other peculiar habits. 

Google is your friend.

But, if you want to emulate him .... you can always order the same toilet paper he uses on Amazon.   Woman LOL  LOL 

@Tinkrbl44   Doesn't their toilet paper come on a roll?  How to you fold toilet paper on a roll or is this the fancy first sheet fold like you see in hotels??

I did see one time that he travels with his own toilet paper and toilet seat-so maybe the folding is for sheets of TP to be packed instead of packing a roll.  Save space, I guess.Woman Surprised

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always assumed that the valet was right at hand by the commode with the folded TP.  😏

I wouldn't mind carrying my own toilet seat around when I use a public restroom 🚻😄

@Cakers3 

@Tinkrbl44 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I always assumed that the valet was right at hand by the commode with the folded TP.  😏

I wouldn't mind carrying my own toilet seat around when I use a public restroom 🚻😄

@tansy   I carry toilet seat covers in my purse, although it's been a long time since we traveled and had to use a public restroom.  Blech. 

So the valet stands there before the royal flush so to speak?? Nice work if you can find it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This was the book I read that mentioned all the bathroom stuff had to start being done for Charles after he broke his arm in 1990 playing Polo.  It did state that he liked most of it and requested it to continue, such as having toothpaste applied to his toothbrush.  It makes for good reading in or out of the bathroom.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."