Respected Contributor

Re: KIM GRAVELS MOM

[ Edited ]
@January121 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@January121: What's to understand? Kim is very close to her mother and her sister. I remember watching her reality show on the Lifetime channel some years ago where she mentored and groomed young women to participate in beauty pageants. Her mother and sister were and still are very much apart of her business ventures. Not only does her mother model on QVC, her sister stands in as presenter (and ocassionally models) whenever they're scheduled to appear during the wee hours of the morning. 

@Diva on The Q .... it’s MY OPINION .... I can see her sister filling in for her in the wee hours of the morning but, I can see no reason for her mom to be one of the models!!!! .... the models are there for a reason & are getting paid to model the clothing .... imagine if all the clothing vendors brought their mom in to model the clothing ..... in MY OPINION it’s just not right ... You have your opinion & I have mine!!

🤦🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I don’t see the big deal and getting so upset about it. It’s not like someone came out with no clothes or something.

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@January121: What's to understand? Kim is very close to her mother and her sister. I remember watching her reality show on the Lifetime channel some years ago where she mentored and groomed young women to participate in beauty pageants. Her mother and sister were and still are very much apart of her business ventures. Not only does her mother model on QVC, her sister stands in as presenter (and ocassionally models) whenever they're scheduled to appear during the wee hours of the morning. 

@Diva on The Q .... it’s MY OPINION .... I can see her sister filling in for her in the wee hours of the morning but, I can see no reason for her mom to be one of the models!!!! .... the models are there for a reason & are getting paid to model the clothing .... imagine if all the clothing vendors brought their mom in to model the clothing ..... in MY OPINION it’s just not right ... You have your opinion & I have mine!!

OK....Smiley Indifferent

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PocoLoco wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I watched Kim's Lifetime show that she did before QVC and always enjoyed the scenes with her mom and sister.  Lovely and funny ladies ❤️

Could you tell me the name of Kim's Lifetime show?  I would love to see it!

@PocoLoco: The show was called "Kim of Queens".  However, it's no longer on the air.

Trusted Contributor

I like Kim's mother, she represents how Kim's fashions look on mature women. She isn't a full time model and shouldn't bother anyone.

Her sister is another story...not ready for prime time. Screams when talking would do just fine. IMO, I think she's much too loud and in-your-face for 3:00am.

Honored Contributor

Didn’t we just had a thread on this forum where everyone

was yanking that the professional models aren’t ‘real’ women?

Well, we present to you...’a real woman’...and we still complain.

(sigh)

Trusted Contributor

I love seeing Kim's mother modeling her clothes.  She's supporting her daughter's fashion line and does look lovely in her clothes.  She seems very nice and mild-mannered so why not mix it up and have her come on Ki'm's shows and model? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see anything wrong with it at all.  Just another figure type to see the clothing on.  It's not like she's putting a model out of a job.  Beautiful lady BTW.

ETA:  And I'm ok with all the other designers letting their mothers come out in their clothing too.

Respected Contributor

Her mother helped in creating the line. I believe her sister is in on it too. Like a family business. I think her mother is adorable.

Honored Contributor

How tall is she?  She really towers over everybody.  Found an old picture of her.  Looks nothing like the way she looks now.  As Miss Georgia

Kim Gravel Paegant Days