Esteemed Contributor

Re: KIM GRAVEL (ALL CELEBRITIES LOSING WEIGHT)

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I'll admit I can't stand Oprah. She has gained and lost tons of weight over the years.

@Love my grandkids  Agree can't stand her for years now !!   Stopped watching her at once when she was involved shall I say in politics....can't say more or I may go poofed 😉

her weight gain and lose is a joke !

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's very dangerous to use injections to lose weight , I wouldnt trust  a Dr that would be ok with that just to look better.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@pdlinda wrote:

@kaydee50   I think the thing with Ozempic is (from what I heard) you have to TAKE THE SHOTS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! 

I guess that on that basis, they keep the weight off. 

However, from what I also heard, there are NO LONG-TERM STUDIES regarding the efficacy of using these drugs long term for weight loss, so there's that....

@pdlinda 

Well, OBVIOUSLY, long term studies take time .... but I am guessing these wouldn't be on the market unless they've been reviewed by the FDA .... right?  

Like anything else, a person has to discuss pros and cons with their PCP and make an informed decision based on all available information.  

That's all any of us can do.

You've got to be kidding! Have you not noticed over the years how many drugs that were "reviewed by the FDA" have been pulled from the market because they're deemed not safe? Relying on the FDA is not a smart move. Follow the $$$.

@ThinkingOutLoud 

Hey, even the "safest" meds will cause a reaction from time to time.  If you don't want to try a new med, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to take it.

Keep in mind that if preliminary testing on 10,000 people showed something to be "safe" but the odd reaction only happens (statistically) in one in 500,000 people, these reactions will show up later, over time.

There's no explaining some sensitivities .... I am seriously allergic to shellfish, but no one else in my family has any sensitivity to them, at all.   Same with some people who have sensitivities to eggs or peanut butter.   Drugs will cause interactions for some, and nothing for others.  We're all different.   

@Tinkrbl44  that is so true .  I have many allergies to medications and it's hard to find one that will not cause me issues .  I would not take a medication not meant for weight lose just to lose weight , it seems very dangerous and besides who knows what side effects will appear down the line as you have stated .   

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Here's Sharon Osbourne in London 9/29/23 IMG_0236.jpeg

@qvcfreak OMG !  What happened to her ?!😯

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Obviously you know absolutely nothing about the Glp 1 medications.  Actually you know less than nothing.  You've taken bits and pieces from the popular press and made up your own story.  And for some odd reason, you resent people who lose significantly amounts of weight.  As someone who is taking a Glp 1 and has lost 75 pounds, I can tell you the Weight doesn't just magically fall off with no effort.  The medication is just one tool.  It controls appetite and cravings but we still have diet.  We have to exersize.  The medication justakes it easier because we aren't obsessed with food anymore.  We  free to make better food choices.  This is why many people complain that Glp 1 shots don't work for them. They didn't change what they eat.  Celebrities are not REQUIRED to share their health and fitness routines with the public.  What difference does it make if someone lost 50 pounds by diet alone or combined it with a Glp 1.  News flash!  Not everyone loses weight quickly on a Glp 1.  I average 5 pounds a month.  My friend is also averaging about 5 pounds a month.  Don't confuse what you read about celebrities and what you read in the popular press with real life.  Why can't you just be happy for people?

I love this @chrystaltree You are truly a class act❤️

Regular Contributor

I think it is very sad that there are many people out there with serious weight problems 

and there is a weight loss industry that continues to make billions off of these people.    It is said that only 5% of the people who lose weight in any given time can keep it off for a lengthy amount of time.

Most people who have a weight problem are on their own, to lose it and to keep it off and so they turn to an industry that sets them up to fail.  The medical profession needs to step up and help people, not just tell you to lose weight.  If it were that easy, there would be no overweight people.   

This is a medical problem, physically and emotionally and yet so many continue to get rich off of it.  I find that repugnant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharon had gastric bypass years ago.  She used to be a big girl.  

She apparently has emotional issues having to do  with her body size even when she is thin now.  She suffered a lot of abuse over her body size when she was heavy. That hurt never goes away.

She has been warning people to be careful with weight loss drugs.  She has been having problems gaining her weight now.

IMG_2133.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It's healthy to be a lower weight.  

What I don't understand (or maybe I do) is how so many come out and state their're happy in their larger bodies.  If that's the case, why loose weight.  

@Puzzle Piece     What I don't understand...is the need for "larger" people to criticize those who are thinner...     di

Because they are UNHAPPY that they are OVERWEIGHT and JEALOUS of people who are THIN.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore No idea, It doesn't look like her anymore. She looks very different to me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

Here's Sharon Osbourne in London 9/29/23 IMG_0236.jpeg

@qvcfreak OMG !  What happened to her ?!😯

I read recently that she has admitted to using Ozempic and seriously regrets that decision. She said that she can't stop losing weight. I guess this is what's meant by "Ozempic face"? She has really aged within the last year. She should have left well enough alone.