Honored Contributor
KFC has temporarily stopped advertising its chicken as "finger lickin' good" as being inappropriate during the pandemic when handwashing and keeping hands away from the face are being stressed by health officials. The company says it intends to use the slogan again when the time is right.

Source:Foxnews site

Well sheesh, hopefully people have washed their hands well before eating the chicken (or anything else!)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: KFC DITCHES SLOGAN -COVID

@Pearlee wrote:
KFC has temporarily stopped advertising its chicken as "finger lickin' good" as being inappropriate during the pandemic when handwashing and keeping hands away from the face are being stressed by health officials. The company says it intends to use the slogan again when the time is right.

Source:Foxnews site

Well sheesh, hopefully people have washed their hands well before eating the chicken (or anything else!)

@Pearlee you'd think so! But some of the hygiene guidelines put in writing since the pandemic made me wonder if people EVER washed their hands!!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Because people eat their chicken, lick their fingers and then go onto touch something else without washing their hands.

Trusted Contributor

so you can eat chicken with your hands, but not lick your fingers? it's not like you're licking someone else's fingers for pete's sake. some establishments take it to the extreme. 

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter Fried chicken is so greasy and messy I can't imagine not washing hands after eating it but yes, I'm sure some people don't (or just wipe hands off).
Honored Contributor

They can do what they want but half the fun of eating KFC is getting it off my fingers by licking.  Do it with Popeye's chicken too.  Personally I think it is just a way to get into the news cycle this week.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pathetic that they did this. Why? Because, and I'm willing to bet a buck, that lawyers told them to because SOME IDIOT out there will sue and claim it was KFC's fault (that they have COVID) for saying it was ok to lick their fingers.

SMH at the stupidity in this country. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Pathetic that they did this. Why? Because, and I'm willing to bet a buck, that lawyers told them to because SOME IDIOT out there will sue and claim it was KFC's fault for saying it was ok to lick their fingers.

SMH at the stupidity in this country. 

The upside for KFC is they are in the news, so it's great advertising.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

This has to be one of the silliest overreactions yet to this situation...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  This is true!

"Coming to ya from Florida"