Respected Contributor

Re: Just wonder if Trader Joe has their pumpkin foods out yet.

@flickerbulb wrote:

@panda1234

I was there on Saturday and they did not have any pumpkin items yet.

i am anxiously waiting and i went crazy in there last year because i am a pumpkin-holic!

Pumpkin ice cream, granola, oatmeal. body butter, OH MY!

Same here. Thanks for the report.

Honored Contributor

While not Trader Joe's this is in keeping with the pumpkin theme. I was in Target today and bought Quaker Oatmeal (in the packets) in Pumpkin Spice, a limited edition, Fiber One Baked Bars in Pumpkin Bar, also limited edition. I also bought Fiber One Chocolate Cheesecake Bars and Special K Pastry Bars in Red Velvet (both new). I like a little sweet treat at the end of a long trying day!

Honored Contributor

I look forward to the kringles.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

I have a Trader Joe's addiction to their Cinnamon Coffee cakes, but they are often sold out when i go. I found out that they only get 2-4 cakes each day.

After talking to staff, I learned that TJs will set aside items and hold them for you!

So now, i call a couple of days in advance and reserve a few things that tend to sell out. They keep them in the back and i go in and pick them up.

I put them in the freezer and i am a happy camper! Love TJs!

I wanted to add that they had mums in the flower section. I bought a cute, small purple mum on Saturday.

@flickerbulb,you're lucky that your Trader Joes' will reserve items for you. Not pumpkin related, but they have cauliflower rice frozen in a bag. With the craze of cauliflower they don't put it out, you have to ask for it and there was a limit of 2. Last time I went (I haven't in some time) the limit was now 1 bag! I refuse to go there every few days just to get the cauliflower rice.

I havn't seen the cauliflower rice in the frozen section.  I picked up a couple bags in the produce area.  Love adding that to salads raw.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

I have a Trader Joe's addiction to their Cinnamon Coffee cakes, but they are often sold out when i go. I found out that they only get 2-4 cakes each day.

After talking to staff, I learned that TJs will set aside items and hold them for you!

So now, i call a couple of days in advance and reserve a few things that tend to sell out. They keep them in the back and i go in and pick them up.

I wanted to add that they had mums in the flower section. I bought a cute, small purple mum on Saturday.

@flickerbulb,you're lucky that your Trader Joes' will reserve items for you. Not pumpkin related, but they have cauliflower rice frozen in a bag. With the craze of cauliflower they don't put it out, you have to ask for it and there was a limit of 2. Last time I went (I haven't in some time) the limit was now 1 bag! I refuse to go there every few days just to get the cauliflower rice.

I havn't seen the cauliflower rice in the frozen section.  I picked up a couple bags in the produce area.  Love adding that to salads raw.

@CrazyDaisy, I don't know if all the Trader Joe's follow the same policy, but the frozen cauliflower rice isn't put out. You must ask customer service for it and they let you purchase one bag!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy, I don't know if all the Trader Joe's follow the same policy, but the frozen cauliflower rice isn't put out. You must ask customer service for it and they let you purchase one bag!

It was sitting in the frozen section at my TJs over the weekend.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

It was sitting in the frozen section at my TJs over the weekend.

It must be an entirely different product.  It is raw cauliflower rice in the produce department.  It is not frozen and clearly marked as perishable with a purchase date.  I purchased 2 bags yesterday.  There may very well be a different product in the frozen section, I just have not seen it.  However I was not looking for it either.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy I just googled it - there are indeed both products for sale at TJs - fresh AND frozen riced cauliflower.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all